We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling from Frankfurt flughafen to Nuremberg

Badalona, Spain
3 posts
Save Topic
travelling from Frankfurt flughafen to Nuremberg

Hello,

Could anybody help us? My husband and I are travelling to Frankfurt and from there to Nuremberg on a friday and then back to Frankfurt on a sunday. Could you please tell us which is the cheapest way? We know about the bayern ticket but we do not know if we can buy it at Frankfurt Flughaffen or on the internet

Thanks so much!!!!

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling from Frankfurt flughafen to Nuremberg

The Bayern ticket is no good from the FRA Flughafen. Frankfurt is in the state of Hessen, Nuernberg in Bayern.There is a way ( buy a regular ticket Frankfurt to Kahl and the Bayern Ticket for the Nuernberg portion), but I would advise against it. Rather, go on www.bahn.de, 92 days before the day of your trip from FRA. buy a ticket on that website to Nujerjnberg and another one 2 days later for the return on Sunday. These are heavily discounted tickets, and you can travel on the faster ICE or IC trains rather on the slower Regio trains which qualify for the Bayern Ticket. You then can alos reserve seats on these faster trains.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling from Frankfurt flughafen to Nuremberg

Be aware that 'savings' tickets are only valid for the trains they are booked for, i.e. if your flight is late and you miss your train you will have to buy a new ticket at normal fare.

If your airline partner with Rail&Fly that could be a better option.

bahn.com/i/…rail_and_fly.shtml

3. Re: travelling from Frankfurt flughafen to Nuremberg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 06:17