We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fussen to Rothensberg

Cumberland...
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Topic
Fussen to Rothensberg

I know there is the Romantic Road Bus that runs once a day.....but is there a local bus service that will connect these 2 cities? I have looked everywhere for a bus schedule. The train looks like it takes over 4 hours with 2-3 connections. Thanks!

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
38,659 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fussen to Rothensberg

No. Too far for local services which are in Germany organized (and funded) on district or regional level. Apart from this such buses stop everywhere on route. 2-3 bus stops in a village of 2.000 inhabitants are quite normal. Thus this would not be faster than by train.

Train connections are indeed not excellent. Füssen and Rothenburg ob der Tauber are both end points of minor branch lines.

Cumberland...
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fussen to Rothensberg

Thanks...that makes sense. I saw where local bus service was available to the castles, etc and hoped they continued elsewhere. Maybe I should just skip Fussen and go from Munich to Augsburg unstead and start the Romantic Road there? Any preference of Fussen over Augsburg??

3. Re: Fussen to Rothensberg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2015, 06:15