We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public Transport / Sightseeing Sept '11

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Public Transport / Sightseeing Sept '11

Hi,

We are visiting Berchtesgaden in mid-september for 3 nights. We won't have a car so will be dependant upon the local buses, I just want to check that my research so far is correct (please let me know if its not!)

Bus 841 from Berchtesgaden Hbf to Lake Konigssee AND Mt Jenner? Does the bus drop you off at the car park?

We would like to do the hike from Salet to Rothbach waterfall and a hike on Mt Jenner - are the trails well marked? Can you get a map from the tourist office (and you recommend doing this)?

Bus 849 to Eagle's Nest (does it have one stop at Obersalzberg and then another at Eagle's Nest)?

After Berchtesgaden we are travelling to Hallstatt via Salzburg (Bus 840 to Salzburg) - we then need to change to the train to get to Hallstatt - do you know if the bus station is near the train station? Or if not, the best way to get from the bus station to the train?

Thanks very much, any advice you can offer would be much appreciated!

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
39,037 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Public Transport / Sightseeing Sept '11

> Bus 841 from Berchtesgaden Hbf to Lake Konigssee AND Mt Jenner? Does the bus drop you off at the car park?

There are 2 stops.

Königssee is at the car park.

Jennerbahn directly the Jennerbahn.

Both are pretty close to each other.

rvo-bus.de/site/…liniennetzplan__bgd.pdf

> are the trails well marked? Can you get a map from the tourist office (and you recommend doing this)?

The trails are well marked. For common trails you can often get printed leaflets which have a map excerpt. Thus maybe not necessary to buy a real map.

…bayern.de/publikationen/faltblaetter/doc/fl…

…bayern.de/english/…index.htm

> Bus 849 to Eagle's Nest (does it have one stop at Obersalzberg and then another at Eagle's Nest)?

More or less: yes

Obersalzberg = Kehlstein Busabfahrt = departure point for the buses to the Kehlsteinhaus

Kehlsteinparkplatz = the end point (parking lot) of the buses from where you you take the lift up to the Kehlsteinhaus (Eagle's Nest).

www.kehlsteinhaus.de/en/kehlsteinhaus.php…

rvo-bus.de/site/…kehlstein__2011.pdf

> do you know if the bus station is near the train station?

Yes. The bus #840 stops (end point) at bus stop #6.

rvo-bus.de/site/…salzburg__haltestellen.pdf

You'll get from your hosts a Kurkarte (guest card - visitor's pass). Which gives your various discounts and free rides on the (normal) RVO buses.

berchtesgadener-land.info/doc/…

#841 free

#849 (eagle's nest bus+lift): EUR 1,50 discount

Jennerbahn: EUR 0,50 discount on the return fare

#840 to Salzburg Hbf: you have to pay only a reduced fare of EUR 2,00

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public Transport / Sightseeing Sept '11

Thanks abalada - exactly the information I needed - very helpful!!

Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public Transport / Sightseeing Sept '11

Hi all ,

I would like to ask about how to go to Zell Am See from Berchtesgaden ? I plan to stay 3 nights in berchtesgaden and I read alot about Zell Am See .so, I like to spent the whole day from morning to evening there as well as to visit a Kaprun Is transportation available to do this .. and how ?

thnk you .

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
39,037 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Public Transport / Sightseeing Sept '11

With just 3 days I would concentrate on the - many - closer sights/attractions.

But you can check the travel times with the ÖBB timetable.

http://www.oebb.at/en/index.jsp

london
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Public Transport / Sightseeing Sept '11

Hello fellow trippers,

Can any one tell me if there is a sightseeing coach company in berchestgaden,Its been ten years since we last visited that area,

Many thanks.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Public Transport / Sightseeing Sept '11

There is.

I'm not sure of the name but it is located in the town close to the Franiskaner Church (Same side)

london
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Public Transport / Sightseeing Sept '11

Thank you for the info,,,,,

8. Re: Public Transport / Sightseeing Sept '11

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2012, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Berchtesgaden