We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiking and sights in Nat'l Park

Which Berchtesgaden hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
322 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Hiking and sights in Nat'l Park

Hello all,

We will be staying at the Hotel Alpenhof in mid June for a two night stay. We would like to enjoy the national park, however, I am finding it challenging to find maps of good hikes and trail heads. Any suggestions? We will be traveling by car.

Freising, Germany
Level Contributor
114 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiking and sights in Nat'l Park

The official website is …bayern.de/00_englisch/index.htm

As for maps:

"We recommend hiking maps of Bavarian Ordnance Survey: "Berchtesgaden National Park" 1:25.000 or "Berchtesgaden Alps" 1:50.000. These are available from the National Park Centre "Haus der Berge" in any books or business."

Salford, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiking and sights in Nat'l Park

Well, going up the mountains can be challenging but the paths are good. How far do you want to walk? I've just been from Hintersee up to Hirschbichl and back. c 10 miles. Uphill all the way, mostly, and downhill all the way back. Usually you can catch a bus but it isn't running till 24th. With the bus you can go one way, therefore. Not a severe gradient.

Or, try the boat on Koenigsee to Salet, then walk up to the Obersee lake (easy walk) and then on to the alm beyond it and to the waterfall.

The Jennerbahn to the Middlestation and walk along to the Koenigsbachalm, or, if you are feeling like a long hike, to the Gotzenalm.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
322 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hiking and sights in Nat'l Park

I would say we max out at about ten miles in one day.

Thank you for the suggestions- I have had some difficulty finding maps in English.

4. Re: Hiking and sights in Nat'l Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2015, 08:17
Get answers to your questions about Berchtesgaden
Recent Conversations