We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre book Ski Lessons in Garmisch

Which Garmisch-Partenkirchen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Berkshire
Level Contributor
11 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Pre book Ski Lessons in Garmisch

We are a family of four, with children aged 10 and 12. This will be their first time skiing and I want them to goto Ski School. We are traveling 15-22 Feb 09. Do I need to prebook the Ski School or can I arrange it in resort. Also we have hired a car and I was thinking of driving to the Ski Lifts each day. Is the parking fee expensive?

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
512 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pre book Ski Lessons in Garmisch

I haven't been to the Ski schools in Garmisch, but the link below will get you some ideas. Generally

the parking shouldn't be more than 5 Euro per day and driving in the Garmisch area is easy.

garmisch-partenkirchen.de/en/1a31b22c-949e-5…

Berkshire
Level Contributor
11 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pre book Ski Lessons in Garmisch

Thanks for the link - very helpful

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
512 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pre book Ski Lessons in Garmisch

The second school on the list is Skischule Garmisch-Partenkirchen is located at the Hausberg lift which is very close to numerous hotels and the train station. Depending on where you are staying, contacting this school may work, or maybe not!

I stay at the Hotel Sissi which is very close to this school and lift. Close enough to walk if you didn't have all that ski stuff weighing you down.

Good luck.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pre book Ski Lessons in Garmisch

Hi we will be there the same time as you and this is our second trip to Garmisch. Cant help on ski school as we had our lessons before we went which really helped as when we got there we headed straight for the small slopes and we all gained our confidence and enjoyed ourselves. We did not pay any car parking fees while we were there and we mainly used the Hausberg lift.

London
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Pre book Ski Lessons in Garmisch

I took my 3 year old son 3 years ago and will be there again with him on the 19th February. Excellent school and no need to prebook as there was no savings to be had. You may want to check with them as your kids are older and it may be in a different location to the young ones. We will be renting a car this time as it was a pain with taxis to and from the lifts. Not sure how much parking is though.

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
2,713 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pre book Ski Lessons in Garmisch

I have been in contact with the above Ski school who informed me that people wanting lessons just need to turn up. Morning time 1s 9AM and then you will be assigned to groups based on your skill level.

I don't think you pay to park in GAP, or at least you didn't have to pay last time I visited. The car parks are enormous and spaces usually plentiful. The earlier you arrive the closer to the lifts you will be able to park.

7. Re: Pre book Ski Lessons in Garmisch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 11:22