We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oberammergau '10

Which Garmisch-Partenkirchen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando, FL
3 posts
Save Topic
Oberammergau '10

I am trying to put together a group to go to the Passion Play next year. Would like to use a reputable, and helpful, tour company. Any recommendations? I found Trinity World Tours on the net, and wonder if anyone has had any experience with them. All input will be appreciated!

Thanks!

Florida
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oberammergau '10

Tauck has tours with AAA but it runs about 4,500 for a 8 day tour, very pricey. That does not include AIRFARE! The passion play has its own website and if you could get tickets and know your dates you could do the tour yourself. You have time to plan hotels, transportation and airfare. USAIR is the cheapest for airfare out of MCO and if you talk to them they can book your group at a better price. I feel like they will survive the economy and still be there in 2010.

After you know your dates you can plan a tour around them in Bavaria that all will enjoy. Staying in Garmisch is a great base. Travel to the Dolomites from Innsbruck on one day, visit the castles, Mittenwald is beautiful and spend a couple of days in Munich before returning home. I know it sounds like a lot but we do it all the time with a group of 20 going to Ireland and we have a great time. We have meetings and go over what we want to do and see, set up the price and have it all paid for before we leave. We rent a small bus with a great driver so we don't have to worry about drinking and driving. We don't stay at 4 star hotels but nice Inns and hotels that are always in the center of everything so we can walk and go out at night. We usually have places that have breakfast included, two dinners are included, one always on the first night but we eat wherever we want, sometimes a group of us and sometimes on our own. We plan out tours for each day but always have enough free time so we catch a train if we want and go see something else. Staying two nights in each location helps also. I just think you can do it for a lot cheaper than some of these tour companies and finding one that you can trust.

Orlando, FL
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Oberammergau '10

Thank you so much for the great information! It is a great help!

illinois
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Oberammergau '10

Thank you! This helped me, as well. My husband and I would like to see the Passion Play, too, but I am finding everything to be so expensive. I think I am trying too early, though. I read that another traveler was able to show up the day they were in Oberammergau and buy tickets right there. He also found a hotel room with no advance reservation. I don't think I'm comfortable enough to do that, though. Any thoughts?

Florida
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oberammergau '10

We are going the end of Sept and have friends that work there so will ask them and some others while there about tickets the day of the play.

illinois
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Oberammergau '10

I'll continue to check back then. Thanks for the help and enjoy your trip!

Orlando, FL
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Oberammergau '10

I, too, find everything so expensive. I'm starting to get an inkling that maybe prices are starting to inch down. We had a quote of $4500pp incl. air from a travel agent. That's too pricey for most in our group. In parusing the internet, i'm finding a few things that might be a little more affordable. Like you, we don't necessarily want to commit quite yet just to get play tickets. . . Anyway, I think this site will help us be better educated on the whole thing, and give us the benefit of others' experiences. Thanks for your input---nice to know we're not alone in our situation! ;-)

7. Re: Oberammergau '10

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 13:18
8. Re: Oberammergau '10

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2010, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Garmisch-Partenkirchen