We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Garmisch Ski Pass

Which Garmisch-Partenkirchen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Southern England
Level Contributor
82 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Garmisch Ski Pass

I have been getting a bit confused trying to work out ski pass details for Garmisch. I will be arriving on Thursday and am looking for a 3 day pass that covers both the Garmisch Classic and Zugspitze areas, giving unlimited use of all lifts and the Zugspitzebahn.

Can anybody tell me what I need and how much it will cost? Is it the Top Snow pass? I have also read about a Happy Ski Card but cannot find any details about it. Does anybody know what this is and what it covers?

Thanks.

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,091 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Garmisch Ski Pass

Hi Gub-Gub01,

I'm lucky enough to have a year-long pass, so I'm not really knowledgeable about how they do passes for shorter periods.

Here's the website with information for the Zugspitze:

www.zugspitze.de/en/winter/preise/zugspitze/

And for the Garmisch Classic:

zugspitze.de/en/…

It looks to me that there isn't one pass for both the Zugspitze and the Garmisch Classic areas; that you'd have to decide each day and buy that day's pass. Or a pass for two days.

The Top Snow Card gives access to Garmisch Classic, Zugspitze, and nearby areas in Austria. For three days, that's 101.50 E. I think that's probably your very best bet -- each day skiing the Zugspitze is 38 E, and three days of that is 114E. Here's a link to the Top Snow Card:

zugspitze.de/en/…happy-ski-card.htm

I think the Happy Ski Card is teh same as the Top Snow Card --

Have fun!

s

Edited: 23 January 2011, 18:02
Southern England
Level Contributor
82 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Garmisch Ski Pass

Thanks for the info Swandav. Do you know if the Eckbauerbahn is included in the Top Snow Card? Thought I'd take a look at the Partnach gorge while I am there.

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,091 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Garmisch Ski Pass

Hi again,

No, I don't know if it is. The cable car is included in my own pass, and it seems that the TSC is just a limited-time version of that, so it might be. But to be sure, you can always e-mail the folks and ask

Here's a link to their contact page:

zugspitze.de/en/service/ueber_uns/kontakt.htm

But. Gee. Just walk it!! : ))

s

Southern England
Level Contributor
82 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Garmisch Ski Pass

Oh I am planning to walk it! But only in one direction. :~)

5. Re: Garmisch Ski Pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2012, 05:29