We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you recommend a good local weather website?

Which Garmisch-Partenkirchen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
66 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Can you recommend a good local weather website?

I will be in GP from 17-20 Sept and would like to find a website that will give a fairly accurate weather forecast for that time. I realise the weather is changable in this area but was hoping someone local to the area or with good knowledge could recommend a site to me?

Thanks

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
9,307 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you recommend a good local weather website?

Here is a local one: gapa.de/Garmisch-Partenkirchen_Weather-forec…

You have to wait until about 2 days prior to your departure, though, to see at least a reliable trend. There is no such thing as accurate long-term weather forecasts in these parts of the world. No matter how convincing they look, anything beyond 3 days in advance should be considered pure guesswork.

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,063 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you recommend a good local weather website?

Hi Sunshinesearch,

Two days prior is good, but even that isn't always accurate. I cannot tell you how many times in the past month that rain was forecast for the next day, and it didn't rain -- or rain wasn't forecast for the next day, and it did rain.

The best thing to do is to be prepared for everything. Temps these weeks have ranged from 15 deg C to 24 deg.

s

England
Level Contributor
66 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you recommend a good local weather website?

Thanks for your replies. We are well prepared for any type of weather and as we will be doing alot of hiking we have appropriate clothing,footwear etc. Rain wouldnt spoil our stay but obviously sunshine would be great! Also I am a keen photographer and dry weather would be better for my shots as I am a novice and rainy weather would prove more difficult for me I think.

4. Re: Can you recommend a good local weather website?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2013, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Garmisch-Partenkirchen