We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

World Cup 2006

Which Munich hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Truro, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
World Cup 2006

I am hoping to get tickets for next years World Cup. How difficult is finding hotels at this time for next Summer? Also, how much in Euros would I be looking for 2 double rooms? Any general information would be most welcome. Thanks

South Dakota
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: World Cup 2006

I am also looking for hotels for next summer in Munich and i have been finding that most hotels unless you contact them directly through email or telephone won't accept reservations this far in advance. I am planning on going in mid-May and i'm not exactly sure when the world cup is but i think in early June?? but anyways i have been to germany in june and hotel prices increase drastically between may and june so i would assume that if the world cup is in town prices will be even higher ( I would look during september to see how much prices increase when major events are going on since many people will be in town for oktober fest at that time). unless you are absolutely certain that you want a hotel there is a new youth hostel, wombats in downtown munich that is very affordable(about 60 euro for a double room with bathroom) and rooms of all types are available including ones with privates bathrooms. Good luck and please let me know if you find anything.

cologne germany
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: World Cup 2006

I have posted the link earlier , and I think its OK.

(I have made a few Reservations with HRS in Barcelona , Madrid , and Berlin .)

http://www.hrs.de/se/wm2006?lang=en

Do not buy Worldcup Cards , on the Blackmarket , because the Organisaion will Control the ID of the Cardholder !

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
245 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: World Cup 2006

I've booked hotels for my World Cup stay in Munich, Stuttgart, and Dortmund from www.bookings.de

The price for hotel is higher for WC month (Jun 9 - Jul 9). If you book early you should be able to find decent hotel for under 200 Euros for a double room. Hope that helps!