We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need advice 1or 2 day trip from Munich

Maine
8 posts
Save Topic
need advice 1or 2 day trip from Munich

Hello, My husband and I are planning a trip to Munich in mid november and plan to do the castle tour for one of the days. I would like to see another country as well. I thought we could go for 3 nights and need help with distances. Where would be be best to vist for scenery, older towns that we may explore etc. prauge, Austria, or Italy. I would love to go to Venice by way of Switzerland, but, is this something we can do and be back in 4 days, we only have 6 days in Germany. Any help would be appreciated

DM

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: need advice 1or 2 day trip from Munich

You have a big itinerary for only six days. Unless you are planing on spending the whole day and night on trains. Munich to Venice and back with time for the sites will take up most of your trip. I would suggest you buy a map of europe, with distances so as to better plan your trip. Google maps works good too for distances. You would also have to stay on the train the whole time to do Prauge, Austria, and then if you do that, don'teven think about Venice. From Munich to Neuswanstein castle and back would take you a full day.

boston, ma
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
1,578 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: need advice 1or 2 day trip from Munich

Salzburg, Austria would be an excellent choice. I believe it is about a 2 hour train ride from Munich. It is a small walkable city with a lot of interesting sights to visit. You could also explore the surrounding Salzkammergut region which has breathtaking scenery. There are many beautiful little towns you could explore as day trips out of Salzburg. Try the Salzburg forum for additional information.

Meerbusch, Germany
Level Contributor
59 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: need advice 1or 2 day trip from Munich

Hi!

Salzburg is a good proposal, also Innsbruck in Austria. If you want to go to Sitzerland (very, very beautiful) it is also possible - but nut in combination with Italy! That's too far!

So if you want to go to Sitzerland, take a tain or plane to Zurich and make a trip to Berne, Lucerne or Lugano (where you also can have italian flair).

Maine
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: need advice 1or 2 day trip from Munich

Thank you for the info. I should have mentioned that we are visiting our daughter who is in germany working till next summer so hopefully she will be able to take a 3-4 days off and drive us to these places. The castle tour we will do while she is working and take a bus tour for that. It is tight but I want to get in as much as possible as it will be the only time we get to this part of Europe.

DM

5. Re: need advice 1or 2 day trip from Munich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 00:16