We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel suggestions Munich

Perth
Level Contributor
511 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel suggestions Munich

Hi, We will be travelling probably fling from Split Croatia to Munich. We are joining a tour and will stay one night at the Le Meridien Munich on Bayerstrasse. We need to stay one night before joining tour and dont want to pay too much for the hotel. The Le Meridien is quite pricy. We wont get to our hotel till 9 or 930 so seems a waste spending too much fro the night. Can anyone recommend a hotel thats comfortable and near the Le Meridien which is opposit main train station.

Mentioned in this post
Split
Split
Split-Dalmatia County, Croatia
Munimondo Tours
Sightseeing Tours
OzTour Munich
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Beer Tastings & Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Guide in Munich Irena Radchenko
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Little Bavaria Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
719 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel suggestions Munich

I suggest the Mark Hotel, which is on Senefelderstraße. The hotel is about a 5 minute walk from the station. Very good breakfast. A double standard room is about €89.

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel suggestions Munich

A more comfortable choice would be the Hotel Mercure Hotel Muenchen City Center at Senefelder Str. 9 (around the corner from the Le Meridien):

accorhotels.com/accorhotels/fichehotel/gb/me…

A double room there costs from 79 Euro without breakfast.

But there are a lot of hotels in the area, just look at this map:

http://maps.google.de/maps?f=l&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=Hotel&near=senefelderstr.+3,+M%C3%BCnchen

B = Mercure Hotel Muenchen City Center

J = Le Méridien

Mentioned in this post
Mercure Hotel Muenchen City Center
Mercure Hotel Muenchen...
2,162 Reviews
Munich, Germany
Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
719 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel suggestions Munich

The 79 € rate at Accor is the weekend rate and it is restricted in terms of no changes, no cancellations, which may be fine for kiwioz.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel suggestions Munich

I just spent four nights at the Jedermann Hotel also on Bayerstrasse in mid-December. I was very pleased with it, the care of the hotel staff, my room(small and very clean) and the breakfast. They are well rated.

Concord, Canada
Level Contributor
61 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel suggestions Munich

Our most favorite hotel in Munich is the Deutsches Theater Hotel on Schwantalerstrasse (attention there are two same name hotels in Munich but at different addresses!!) 5 min walk to the railway station and full of personality. Best breakfast we've had in our 3 week trip.

You can get a very good rate (around 70 euro/night) through the hostels web site.

Good luck!

6. Re: Hotel suggestions Munich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 22:19