We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stag Weekend 2-4th May

shrewsbury uk
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Stag Weekend 2-4th May

I've arranged a stag weekend for 10 30+ lads looking for a non drinking activity during the morning/day on the Saturday. Can anyone suggest any venues for paintballing/ go karting or recommend any other activities in Munich. We are staying near the main station and any evening fun recomendations would also be appreciated.

Loughborough, UK
Level Contributor
31 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stag Weekend 2-4th May

Alright Bigman,

I've seen no one has replied to your post. I put a stag do post on this forum aswell to no avail (10 of us in March are going), so I thought I'd share with you what I have found out.

I'm too stuck for stuff to do in the day. The best I've heard is Mike's Bike Tour, but not really what I had in mind. Initially we were going to go to the footy (FC Bayern), but that is ridiculously expensive and was sold out last october.

I have a mate who lived in Munich and this is what he has recomended...

"The best place for a good pub crawl is to start in Marienplatz. From there there's a road called Im TAL that runs off the square. Along this road are in order: 'Weisses Brauhaus' (beer in ceramic steins and decent food), a short road through to Hofbrauhaus (ask someone), and a Mexican place called Sausalitos (go here to get s$£?faced on cheap cocktails to break up the beer routine). Right down the road from Hofbrauhaus is a really cool chilled club called Atomic Cafe.

Basically all of these places are AWESOME and five minutes apart, and surrounded by cheap food places....honestly you could spend a week here drinking without actually having to walk anywhere!!! Also nearby and with good live music and always packed is Ned Kellys/Killians Bar which is half Irish, half Australian (always a quiet night at the library!)....it's underground right at the foot of the Frauenkirche (the church with the 2 towers right by Marienplatz).

I would honestly recommend just doing this since everything else is spread out in Munich and it's easy to loose people on a good pub crawl....stay around Marienplatz and your sorted. Also most places around here are local and traditional and did I mention AWESOME!

For seriously messy, uni, stag do type parting get a taxi to Nachtgallerie. It's 10 euro to get in and then 50 cents a drink (any drink all night)......VERY messy and tacky but perfect for pulling young ladies and getting so drunk you can't see. (If you do go break into smaller groups. They don't let in big groups of single men!!)

If you did want to do something vaguely cultural and active take Mike's Bike Tour (also from Marienplatz)...goes everyday at around 10, takes 4 hours and is 24 euros.....basically you bike around all the sights (usually with about 20 fit American college girl backpackers) and stop at a beergarden for a cheeky mass and it's a good laugh!...this doesn't start until March though!

As far as football goes, try 1860 Munich they play at the same ground and there's always tickets available......

depending on when you go......

April 11-27 is the Fruehlingsfest. This is a mini-Oktoberfest. Same place, same idea (binging!), lots of beer tents and rides, just half the size.....GO!

From 22 February till 9 March is the Starkbierfest (Strongbeerfest)...basically a beer hall with dark, strong beer (10%) served in big ceramic steins with live Bavarian music, dancing on tables etc......this is the locals Oktoberfest...very few tourists and MUCH MUCH better.....starts every day at 2 until 11pm get a taxi there (it's about 10 minutes from town but a b@$£@%d to walk to).......the name of the place where it is is Paulaner Festsaal at Nockherberg. If you are there when this is on GO THERE it's amazing....H**** and me once had 6 steins and I couldn't see for about 5 hours!!!!

Oh and to finish up....at the airport between the two terminals is the Airbrau beergarden.....cheapest pint in Munich, homemade in the pub at the airport, great way to finish up a weekend!"

Hope this helps and let me know if you have found out anything to do in the day. I'll hopefully let you know some more details after I've been.

Cheers,

Luke

shrewsbury uk
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Stag Weekend 2-4th May

Thanks for the reply. I get the feeling that trip advisor members don't really encourage stag nights!!!

I'm sure most of your suggestions may be acted upon, we might even skip the cultural afternoon as no one has any suggestions and continue along the stereotypical agenda which i'm sure will be far more enjoyable.

Reading, England
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stag Weekend 2-4th May

Also going on stag in March, and lookign for somethign to do on the Saturday (don't want to write off Saturday night too early!).

Was hoping to find a decent go kart track. Anyone know of one?

Glasgow
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Stag Weekend 2-4th May

Jesus, I though we were being "original" by going to Munich on stag do in March, but seems there's loads of us!

We'll be there this weekend (arriving 14th March). Planning for 2-day beer-a-thon on Friday and Saturday and decided we'd probably be ready for a break by Sunday. 2 choices we are considering are going to Allianz Arena to see 1860 Munich play Mainz (2pm kickoff), or going along to the St Paddy's day parade (although that will inevetably incur more boozing).

If the weather's good you could head to the English Gardens (close to Schwabing) and play some footie.

Have a good one!

Loughborough, UK
Level Contributor
31 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stag Weekend 2-4th May

Alright Chaps,

Just got back from a brilliant weekend in Munich so I thought I'd be the first to share the fun.

We tried to follow a rough itinerary as posted earier on this post, but pretty much found our own way round.

On the Friday night we went to the Augustiner Beerhalle and managed to get a table for ten, although you'll have to probably share...that's part of the fun. Then headed to Kultfabrik on the U-Bahn...this place was okay, went to the Titty Twister (don't bother unless you like Sepultura) and ended up in the Irish pub, Temple Bar. This was great but, did struggle to get in other places around that area but to be honest we didn't try very hard and could have got in more places hadn't we spent so long in Temple Bar.

On the Saturday we started off in Paulanner (Marienplatz) and that was okay for food, but probably not best for all night drinking. Then went to the Hofbrauhaus round the corner. This place is awesome. Again you have to do a bit of table poaching, but people soon move on. Then went to the WeissBeerHalle? round the corner for last orders around midnight/oneish and then all my mates headed to a strip bar in a sexshop (Beate Huhste?) near the HauptBanhof. I was disgusted with them and went home, but they said it was really quite good, especially WonderWoman?

Anyway, you'll struggle to have a crap time in Munich.

One tip would be to get a 3 day group S/U-Bahn ticket from the airport. It cost approximately 80 euros for ten people (you have to get 2 x 5 people ticket) but that's for a return to and from the airport (45 minutes each way), and an unlimited pass in the central white zone which is adequate for most.

Tchuss!

Munich
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Stag Weekend 2-4th May

I think an interesting activity would be a visit at the "Deutsches Museum". It's basically a technical museum for all different subjects (car, airplanes, mines, etc.). It's easy to reach by S-Bahn from the main station (just 3 stops).

Enjoy!

England
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Stag Weekend 2-4th May

Hey Bigman,

How was the stag?? I'm taking 15 guys (aged 25 - 32)there in July - for a reasonably dignified beerswilling stag weekend - would be great to hear how you got on.

Also, what are the chances of us finding somewhere for a game of cricket - I heard the English Garden might be appropriate?

Cheers for any advice.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stag Weekend 2-4th May

Hi Lads

I too am off to Munich wi 12+ Blokes, July '09

I read on the redseven website of a Rafting trip about 20kms outside the city. Has anyone organised it independently? If so was it any good. It would break my heart to book something thru a stag website and then find the local tourist office is doing the same for half price

Any Help?

Decis

scotland
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Stag Weekend 2-4th May

Guys,

I'm leaving for a stag weekend this thursday coming, being the best man i've done the organising.

I dont think i seen it mentioned but on the saturday morning we are going on a roof top tour of the Olypiastadium (Bayern's old stadium) for 40euro's each and the tour around the roof lasts 2 and a half hours. There is an option to abseil off the roof onto the pitch for a bit extra but unfortunately this is not available for day we are there. I may be back on to let everyone know if its worth the cash, looks like it though from the pictures online.

10. Re: Stag Weekend 2-4th May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2009, 05:16