We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Munich.....

Which Munich hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
265 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Munich.....

Could someone help me with choosing a hotel in Munich for me and my wife?

thanks,

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,041 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Munich.....

I'm sure we can, but need some data. e.g Budget? Type of hotel?

Bolton
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Munich.....

Hi,

We recently booked at the Mecure Aldstadt, looks very central and reviews were pretty good - was a great deal this close to the centre of the city. Booked through the accor website direct.

Cheers.

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,167 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Munich.....

Depends on Budget but stay near Marienplatz and the Viktualienmarkt. Don't be tempted by hotels near main station IMO.

Stoofer

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
265 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Munich.....

i prefer a 5star deluxe hotel with location near the shopping area?

i was thinking about the mandarin oriental or the arabella grand sheraton

London
Level Contributor
81 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Munich.....

Hi dubai976,

I have just booked a long weekend break in Munich and booked the Kings Hotel First Class. I believe it is very good from reading the reviews on tripadvisor and I am very looking forward to staying there. I opted for no breakfsat included because many tripadvisors have said that there are some lovely cafes which serves tasty breakfasts near by.

The hotel is located just walking distance, 200 yards?! from the main train stations and around 10-15 mins walk from the Marienplatz. Here is the website. http://www.kingshotels.com/first-class.htm

Hope my info helps!

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
130 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Munich.....

Deluxe 5 star hotels are completely out of my area of expertise, but the Kempinski Vier Jahreszeiten on Maximilianstrasse is a deluxe hotel, and the Maximilianstrasse is a prime shopping street. It is also within easy walking distance to Marienplatz and the Victualienmarkt.

Florida
Destination Expert
for Munich
Level Contributor
1,493 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in Munich.....

Dubai: If cost is not an issue, and pampering, royal treatment, & comfort are all that matter to you... along with shopping, etc. The Kempinski is an excellent choice, and the Mandarin Oriental is just as nice. However, for location, comfort, and things to do within the hotel itself, my favorite is:

www.Bayerischerhof.de

I am staying there next month, despite having plenty of points to stay the entire 6 nights in Munchen for free at the Sheraton, I am staying the final 24 hours at the Bayerischerhof, as I love it.

8. Re: Where to stay in Munich.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2008, 15:28
Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay in Munich.....

Bayerische Hof would be nice if I wanted to spend over one thousand dollars a night!!!!!!!!

Florida
Destination Expert
for Munich
Level Contributor
1,493 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay in Munich.....

I looked, it's between 299 & 340 EUR per night.