We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coach seats on overnight train to Munich

Wenatchee...
Level Contributor
449 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Coach seats on overnight train to Munich

All the couchettes, etc are sold out. Are we going to be miserable in coach general seating?

Wenatchee...
Level Contributor
449 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coach seats on overnight train to Munich

The person selling accommodations bumped my message so I am hoping to get some responses....

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Coach seats on overnight train to Munich

Where will you be coming from? If it is just a matter of a few hours and no changes of trains, a reserved window seat on one of the express (IC, EC ICE) trains should not be too uncomfortable. I personally would prefer it to a couchette.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Coach seats on overnight train to Munich

PS: Also, when you get to your originating station in Europe, check at the RR station if something has opened up. If not, you can always rserve a seat at the same place up to 2 hours in advance of train departture. Sounds to me as if you have been working through a travel agent who may not have access to all the inventory.

Wenatchee...
Level Contributor
449 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coach seats on overnight train to Munich

Thanks - we actually have been working on it ourselves through railitalia....trenitalia I was told is more expensive but regardless - it doesn't have any couchettes either. We are coming from Venice, so it is more than a few hours, but hopefully it will be OK....thanks for the info about checking to see if something opened up - we will do that.

5. Re: Coach seats on overnight train to Munich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 11:22