We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near Train Station

Which Munich hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rapid City, SD
Level Contributor
199 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near Train Station

We are landing in Munich at 6:35 am on March 17, 2009 and are planning to spend the entire day in Munich before taking a train to Prauge the next day. We need a good hotel near the train station. Any recomendation would be appriciated. Also need to know the fastest train to Prauge.

Thanks,

Molly

Athens
Level Contributor
2 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near Train Station

Hotel Fidelio is very nice,cheap and close to the central station.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
204 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near Train Station

look at the sofitel and with good prices.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
719 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near Train Station

We have stayed at the Mark Hotel and the Arthotel Munich - each about less than ten minutes walk from the station. Each is about 75-85€ for a double, including breakfast.

Rapid City, SD
Level Contributor
199 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel near Train Station

Thanks for the replies about the hotel. How long of a train journey is it to Prague. We orginally planned on going to Prague only but the airlines changed our flight times and we would of had a 9 hour layover in Munich so we decided to just spend the night in Munich then take a train to Prague the next morning. As we land so early ( 6:35 AM) will have an entire day in Munich.....what should we see...the DO NOT MISS of Munich.

Thank you all for your help.

Molly

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
719 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel near Train Station

We took the train FROM Prague TO Munich and it was about 6 hours. I assume it would be about the same the other way.

For one day in Munich (depending on how early a start you get) - you should stick to the highlights - Marienplatz, Frauenkirche, Viktualienmarkt if it's not too cold, Hofbräuhaus (these are all in the same area - easy on foot).

You can also take the subway (U-Bahn) to the Olympic Grounds.

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel near Train Station

The accorhotels chain has some pretty good prices if you book early. The Mercure Muenchen City Center is 3 minutes walk from the central train station.

accorhotels.com/gb/…index.shtml

Germany
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel near Train Station

i did a review on this place below, if your on a budget.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187309-d5611…

Canada
Level Contributor
79 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel near Train Station

Hello Rapid City

The first time i ever saw the Berlin Wall was in Rapid City , South Dakota.! That will sound weird to many.

Anyway, I am just back from Munich and i suggest the Hotel Meier. It is about 150 meters from the main door of the Train station (Hauptbahnhof). check my review on "Hotel Meier"

To get from the Airport to the train station i suggest taking the "Lufthansa Bus".

www.lufthansa-airportbus.com/streckensh.html

It will take you directly to the HBF(train station) there. The bus is not far from the area where you will clear customs.

I prefer the bus over the S bahn or UBahn. Bus is faster and there are no stops + it usually isnt crowded like the trains. a nice relaxing ride after the stress of deplaning, customs etc...

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
101 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel near Train Station

Molly,

I stayed at the Kings Center Hotel, last year, and it was located roughly 4 blocks from the main train station. It has nice sized rooms that are typically German. 4 post canopy beds, very nice workers, and several close restaurants.

As a single traveller, it was nice to have those few extra blocks seperating myself from the train station, as it is one of the seedier areas in Munich.

Jeff

Glasgow
Level Contributor
933 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel near Train Station

We are staying at Le Meridien which i believe is ideal for the Central Station