We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Journeys and tickets

Crete, Greece
Level Contributor
27 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Journeys and tickets

My husband and i are arriving in Munich(for 2 days) around 12 noon from Salzburg with the bayern ticket.

Our hotel is in the Halbergmoos area (Theresienstrasse 50, 85399 Hallbergmoos). We want to check in and then go and visit the Dachau concentration camp. After that maybe a walk in the city and then back to hotel.

Now i need someone to confirm this.

Do we need to buy another ticket apart from the Bayern ticket?

If so then we need the partner ticket Munich XXL 11.80 euro correct?

Ok for the other day we would just want to stay in the city (no outside trips). Here we need the Inner district/Innenraum (white zone) 9 euro ticket.

I am trying to figure this out but with all the different tickets and zones i am a bit confused :)

Thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
Salzburg
Salzburg
Salzburg Region, Austria
Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
39,928 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Journeys and tickets

> Do we need to buy another ticket apart from the Bayern ticket?

No. Bayern Ticket covers the whole MVV.

> If so then we need the partner ticket Munich XXL 11.80 euro correct?

Apart from the fact that you won't need it: correct

> Ok for the other day we would just want to stay in the city (no outside trips). Here we need the Inner district/Innenraum (white zone) 9 euro ticket.

Correct.

Mentioned in this post
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
Crete, Greece
Level Contributor
27 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Journeys and tickets

Thanks a million Abalada.

You have been very helpful!

Dublin
Level Contributor
490 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Journeys and tickets

Hi Mermaid,

When you get to Dachau there is a bus outside the train station which takes you to very near the camp. Again your ticket will cover this trip. Last time we visited the camp closed on Mondays. Double check if that was when you planned to visit.

As for Munich city centre.... If you are fit then most of the sites are well within walking distance. It a lovley place to wander and if you get tired then drop into a bar for a rest. Lois laneway likes plenty of rest when in Munich.

Have a wonderfull trip.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Munich City
Hotel Munich City
349 Reviews
Munich, Germany
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
Crete, Greece
Level Contributor
27 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Journeys and tickets

Hello supervanman

We will be in Munich Friday 31st Oct and Saturday 1st. Friday we will visit Dachau and do a little city sightseeing, walk around and enjoy the views.

Next day its either a trip to the zoo or Alianz arena as my husband is a huge football fan. We are thinking about the Deutsche museum but it will be closed on the 1st so we might rearrange our trips, to fit that in aswell.

Any other reccomendations are more than welcome (no castles).

Mentioned in this post
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
Dublin
Level Contributor
490 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Journeys and tickets

Hello Again Mermaid,

Couple of tips...The Bayern Munich stadium is a long train trip out of the city and when you get to the ground then thats it, nothing else. You can visit the club shop and bars etc but you are in the middle of nowhere. The stadium is impressive to look at but it takes ages to get to from the city centre. The old stadium in the Olympic park is much closer and has lots of other things around it. You can head up the tower which is beside it and gives you views over the city. The olympic park has lots going on compared to the new site.

As for the museum.. it has so much to see, some you will like some you wont. We bought the combined ticket for the 3 museums ( Main museum, transport and flying museums ) thinking that they are all located at the one site. Our mistake..they are situated around the city so dont buy unless you plan to travel to view. They say that the tickets are open ended, so I went to the transport site two years later. Lois Laneway was moritfed with me showing the tickets after two years but we got in no problem. I still have them and will upset her again when we visit next time and head to the aeroplane site.

Again, unless you have tickets to a match I would think twice about going out to the ground.

Have fun.

Mentioned in this post
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
München
Level Contributor
23 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Journeys and tickets

Well, I don´t see why a 16 minutes trip (from downtown Munich) to the Allianz Arena is considered to be a long trip...It is impressive and you can book a tour of the stadium...

Mentioned in this post
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
Allianz Arena
Allianz Arena
6,352 Reviews
Munich, Germany
Crete, Greece
Level Contributor
27 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Journeys and tickets

Belami thats exactly what we were thinking of, a tour of the stadium, im sure my husband would love it!

Supervanman thanks for the tips, and i totally understand Lois Laneway, id feel the same way lol

München
Level Contributor
23 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Journeys and tickets

Check for the Areana tours at http://www.allianz-arena.de/en/index.php.

Maybe I like it so much because I was a volunteer there during the World Cup 2006...

Have fun and...welcome to Munich !

Mentioned in this post
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
9. Re: Journeys and tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 11:19