We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars to watch Scottish Football

Glasgow
Level Contributor
960 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Bars to watch Scottish Football

Any recommendations?

Staying at Le Meridien near Central Station

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
55 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bars to watch Scottish Football

Kilians Irish Pub in Frauenplatz may show Scottish games i know

that they televise English premier league football.

I watched Georgia v Scotland there last year and it generates a

great atmosphere,also you get a great pint of Beamish!

The bar is located in Marienplatz behind the the Frauenkirche

Church.

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,422 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bars to watch Scottish Football

Right by the station, on Schillerstrasse, there is a boxing sports bar next to a strip club, plays matches. You can't miss it.

Not my cup of tea but people seem to enjoy it, it's always busy whenever I've passed. I had a beer in there once but they have plastic glasses and, well, when in Munich it's not the sort of place I head for, there are good beer halls not far away.

The Irish pubs also, closest with TV is Kilians as recommended above.

Oh, and when heaing in that direction and to Altstadt, right in Marienplatz, there is a small bar opposite the clock, just along from Glockonspeil bar, they always have footy on and a scots crowd of regulars, or so it seems.

Have fun

Stoofer

Glasgow
Level Contributor
960 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bars to watch Scottish Football

Thanks guys

Florida
Destination Expert
for Munich
Level Contributor
1,493 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bars to watch Scottish Football

That is the bar (Killians) I was going to suggest. I was just there on 9/27/08. Owners name is Jack, nice fellow... It's a really good setup for a sports pub, and they had Aussie Rules futbol and rugby on the day I was there.

5. Re: Bars to watch Scottish Football

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 03:18