We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 day in Munich

Which Munich hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Topic
1 day in Munich

Hi guys,

I have one day in Munich. I plan to visit the Deutsches Museum which opens at 9am. After that I will go for a walking tour at 1pm. I will then cover some places that are not covered by the tour.

We are a group of students. Is there a reduced price for students for the Deutsches Museum?

As we are not really into art, any suggestion of anything that we can do after the walking tour? The walking tour is by SANDEMANs and covers the following areas:

# The Glockenspiel

# Hofbräuhaus (the world's most famous beer hall)

# Frauenkirche (Church of Our Lady)

# Viktualienmarkt (famous outdoor market)

# Royal Residence

# New Town Hall

# Old Town Hall

# National Theater

# The Real Origins of Oktoberfest

# New Synagogue

# Englisher Garten

# Church of St. Peter

# History of Beer Gardens

# The legend of the Devil's footprint

# Memorial to the German Resistance

# The Feldhernhalle (Memorial to Bavarian Generals)

# Theatinerkirche

# St. Jakobsplatz

Should there be any other place we should try to go and have a look?

Florida
Destination Expert
for Munich
Level Contributor
1,493 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 day in Munich

Looks like you have pretty much everything well covered. I might also suggest the very impressive store: Dallmayr.. Have a look in there!

2. Re: 1 day in Munich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2009, 06:20