We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tips from Opening Weekend?

London, United...
Level Contributor
262 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Tips from Opening Weekend?

I have a request for all of those lucky people who will be enjoying Opening Weekend in a couple days. If you have a chance, could you post any helpful tips, hints, stories, etc. that you think could help the rest of us who are going after the opening? Even if you think it's trivial, I'm sure your insight could prove very helpful to the rest of us. Many thanks and PROST!

NJ
Level Contributor
336 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tips from Opening Weekend?

We've been and come home already. Most importantly, go and have fun. With no reservations, we got in tents on Saturday and Sunday. We had a group of 8. We broke up on Saturday but sat together on Sunday. All the stress about getting in was for nothing. Be willing to drink early in the day and you can sit anywhere. The atmosphere at night is definitely different than the day. But, both are worth seeing. Take $$ and patience and you will have a blast. We had a great time!

London, United...
Level Contributor
262 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tips from Opening Weekend?

Awesome news! (I'm in a group of 12 with NO RESERVATIONS!) Are there some tents that are easier to get in than others? What time did you line up in the morning? Thanks!

NJ
Level Contributor
336 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tips from Opening Weekend?

We got there around 9:00 am on Saturday and 9:45 on Sunday. If it is a weekday even later is fine. On the weekends I'd go at least that early. We were in the Spaten, Hippodrome, Augistiner and Lowenbrau tents to drink. They were all a blast. The beer gardens outside are also lots of fun. It gets very hot and smokey inside. The outside is a nice break. If you are not smokers pack a third lung you will need it.

4. Re: Tips from Opening Weekend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2010, 04:17