We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a Sat. night and Sun morning in Munich?

california
Level Contributor
371 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
a Sat. night and Sun morning in Munich?

One of the flights I'm considering on the way back from Bulgaria in mid-August has a Munich layover from 5pm on Sat night to 4pm Sun afternoon.

I'm thinking I could get a downtown hostel room, go out to dinner/beer on Sat night and sightsee a little on Sun morning.

Suggestions for a lone traveler for that night, morning? I'm especially interested in : ancient history, traditional culture, interesting architecture, dance, science... though for a US flight I probably will have to be heading to the airport by 12 or 1. Should I just wander downtown? Any stunning or very old churches or pre-Christian ruins?

Or would you think that's too short to enjoy anything and I should just take one of the flights w/only a 2 hr layover?

I was in Munich once before, but it was a couple decades ago.

thanks,

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,678 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: a Sat. night and Sun morning in Munich?

It's an excellent idea! Visit a beerkeller such as Hofbrauhaus on saturday evening.

On sunday, it would just walk around and perhaps end in the Englischer Garten, but you can do a museum as well (check opening times), see:

www.voelkerkundemuseum-muenchen.de

www.deutsches-museum.de

and finish the sunday of with a beer in a outside beergarden! Train from center to the airport takes 50 mins.

Edited: 08 March 2010, 10:08
california
Level Contributor
371 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: a Sat. night and Sun morning in Munich?

Those look like really good suggestions for me. Thanks :) !

3. Re: a Sat. night and Sun morning in Munich?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2010, 06:17