We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Germany V Serbia Friday 18th June - Where to watch ?

dublin
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Topic
Germany V Serbia Friday 18th June - Where to watch ?

From the link below it looks there'll be plenty of places showing the Germany v Serbia game on big screens, but does anyone have any opinions on where might have the best atmosphere ? There'll be me and 14 other lads over from Dublin for the weekend.

I'm thinking the Olympic Stadium would be the best bet, but what do the locals think ? It's tickets only, so do people think the stadium will sell out or should we be able to pick up tickets on the day ?

muenchen.de/verticals/…index.html

Cheers

Mick

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Germany V Serbia Friday 18th June - Where to watch ?

Well, the munich destination expert on here recommends watching german football in an irish pub next to the Frauenkirche... so if you want to hang out with aussie backpackers and 'soccer' experts then by all means enjoy the guiness in that hot and sweaty pub.... for a large group you will have much more fun in the many beergardens that will have large screens etc... watching in the old olympiastadion will be great too... but realistically if you want atmosphere then the beergardens are your best bet.... just remember that germans are very tolerant of drinking lots of beer but are very intolerant of dribbling loud drunks.. so make lotsa noise but dont overdo it... :) just remember guiness is in the ballpark of 4%, munich beers towards the 5.5%... so eat lots of pretzels (Bretzn) to suck it up... its the secret to drinking stamina..

dublin
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Germany V Serbia Friday 18th June - Where to watch ?

Thanks KepinItReal. God, the last place I'd want to be two hours after flying into Munich is an Irish bar !

As for the Guinness, can you imagine a more inappropriate place in the world to be drinking it, with all that beers Munich has to offer ? I'm a bit of a self confessed beer snob and my current favourite is actually Augstiner Edelstoff, so I'll be like a kid in a sweet shop in Munich for the weekend !!! Just hope there's some of the Augustiner Heller Bock left when I get over there :)

What about the heading to the Augustiner Keller then ? It's right beside our hotel, the NH Deutscher Kaiser.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Germany V Serbia Friday 18th June - Where to watch ?

I'm not sure about the A Keller as it is very dense with trees in the garden...

these links may be of use to you?http://www.muenchen.de/verticals/Veranstaltungen/Sport/414382/PublicViewingimP1.html

muenchen.de/verticals/Veranstaltungen/Sport/…

muenchen.de/verticals/Veranstaltungen/Sport/…

there are lots more venues... WM is the german abbreviation for world cup...

Dublin
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Germany V Serbia Friday 18th June - Where to watch ?

KepinitReal are you suggesting us irish cant hold our drink

Dublin
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Germany V Serbia Friday 18th June - Where to watch ?

keepinitreel, are you suggesting us irish cant hold our drink.ha.ha

Would the beer garden in the English (chinese) garden be a good spot to watch the game

atlanta
Level Contributor
258 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Germany V Serbia Friday 18th June - Where to watch ?

What time (Germany time) is the game being played?

dublin
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Germany V Serbia Friday 18th June - Where to watch ?

Soona,

Match kicks off at 13:30hrs local time.

Mick

Crete, Greece
Level Contributor
101 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Germany V Serbia Friday 18th June - Where to watch ?

What are the dates of Germany's football matches,local time so I can arrange to watch them?Does anybody know,apart from the match against Serbia?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,476 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Germany V Serbia Friday 18th June - Where to watch ?

@Ge0rgie10

Nobody is suggesting you can't hold YOUR drink, we are just in doubt whether the Irish can hold a good GERMAN beer. Like a couple of mass of helles :)

Dublin
11 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Germany V Serbia Friday 18th June - Where to watch ?

ger , the beer wont be the problem, id be more concerned about the weight of them 1 litre glasses :)