We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pls advise this itenary: Munich-Fussen-Oberammergau-Zugspitz

Which Munich hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
92 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Pls advise this itenary: Munich-Fussen-Oberammergau-Zugspitz

I will be leaving for Munich tomorrow from Singapore. Would like to be advised on my planned 2 day trips from Munich during my stay there. Thank you so much!!

Would anyone advise on the feasibility, recommended departure time (and est. travel time) so that I have time to travel at the selected spots, and perhaps the budget transport plan...

Day 1: Munich to Fussen, then visit Neuschwanstein Castle. Back from Fussen to Oberammergau (overnight @ Oberammergau)

Day 2: Oberammergau walk tour. Then depart for Garmisch-Partenkirchen to ascend Zugspitz. Back to Munich for the night

THANKS so much!

Singapore
Level Contributor
92 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pls advise this itenary: Munich-Fussen-Oberammergau-Zugspitz

I just happen to know that there is this CityTourCard for tourists:

it includes a day ticket for use on public transport in the MVV inner district

(Munich city area - Innenraum) or in the entire network (Gesamtnetz)

I'm wondering if I can is it better to get the 3 days entire network (which covers Gesamtnetz) for 48 Euro (partner ticket) for my above itenary, or simply get Bayern ticket for each single day?

Thanks!

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,201 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pls advise this itenary: Munich-Fussen-Oberammergau-Zugspitz

MVV is the local public transport network of the Greater Munich area.

Füssen, Oberammergau and Garmisch-Partenkirchen are however outside the MVV. Thus the CityTourCard or any other MVV offers are no option.

You can use Bayern Ticket for each day. Bayern Ticket includes the MVV, but also all other such networks in Bavaria. Bayern Ticket is valid

Mo-Fr: from 9am till 3am next day

Sa,Su: from midnight till 3am next day

DB timetable

To: Fuessen

To: Hohenschwangau (for the castles)

To: Oberammergau

To: Garmisch-Partenkirchen

To: Zugspitze

and select as means of transport "only local transport" if you want to travel on a Bayern Ticket.

Zugspitzbahn (cogwheel train/cable car) is not covered by the Bayern Ticket, but you'll get a small discount when presenting the Bayern Ticket while buying the round trip ticket to the Zugspitze.

atlanta
Level Contributor
258 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pls advise this itenary: Munich-Fussen-Oberammergau-Zugspitz

You might want to keep your travel plans flexible. We were in Garmisch a few days ago and left early due to freezing cold weather and rain. The high one day was 45 degrees Farhenheit. We couldn't even see the mountains much less go up to the Zugspitze like we had planned. It's a beautiful area but they're having a great deal of rain and fog lately so you may not be able to do the mountains.

Weymouth...
Level Contributor
78 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pls advise this itenary: Munich-Fussen-Oberammergau-Zugspitz

just callor have your hotel call on the day you want to go to Zugspitz to see how clear it is at the top....and go as early as possible, as the clouds build up/form as the day goes on.

5. Re: Pls advise this itenary: Munich-Fussen-Oberammergau-Zugspitz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2010, 05:17