We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Discount Airlines

Which Munich hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cromwell...
1 post
Save Topic
Discount Airlines

Does anyone know of any discount airlines that fly out of Munich? I've heard of Ryanair, but it doesn't seem to fly out of anywhere near Munich. I will be staying with friends in Augsberg at the end of the month and we were thinking of taking a little side trip to maybe Italy or France. The train tickets seemed so expensive, I just hope there is a cheaper alternative.

Hanover, Germany
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Discount Airlines

You can get a return ticket to Nice for about 150 Euros. Look at www.flydba.com or www.Opodo.co.uk.

Hanover, Germany
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Discount Airlines

May be you will get a flight for 130 Euros, but this depends on the day you want to travel.

NRW, Germany
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Discount Airlines

There are no discount airlines in Germany with national destinations. Flying within Germany is generally more expensive than using the train. Make your bookings for the train as soon as you can, this will save you some money. If you prefer flying to save time, use Lufthansa, but this will cost you at least 120 EUR.

Hanover, Germany
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Discount Airlines

To alaskaboy: There ARE low budged airlines with flights within Germany. Go to www.flydba.com, www.Gexx.de or www.GermanWings.com.

Boston...
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Discount Airlines

When we were going to Germany last year we were looking at buying train tickets off the web before we left. They were so expensive, but my husband really wanted to take 1 train trip while in Germany. Out friends who live in Germany told us to wait and buy them once we were in Germany. We waited and paid less than half the prices on the internet and we also went 1st class. We went to the train station and got tickets so cheap.

We are going back this April and driving to Northern Italy and Salzburg from Munich. The driving is easy and you really get to see a lot.

Good luck and have lots of fun

Funchal Madeira
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Discount Airlines

you can go to the munich airoport page and see which airlines travel to munich from your city of origin and/or the city you wanna go next. There are low cost like Bill says www.Gexx.de is one and niky is another.

Carmen

cologne germany
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Discount Airlines

hapag lloyd express

www.hlx.com/

flys from Munich to

Newcastle ,Palermo or Olbia

another Option would be Frankfurt Hahn with Ryanair .

if you can reach Cologne Airport , you have more Options , Germanwings , HLX or Air Berlin .