We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finding Reserved Seat on Train from Prattling to Munich

Which Munich hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
614 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Finding Reserved Seat on Train from Prattling to Munich

Hi, I will be travelling from Vienna to Munich by train, via Prattling.

I booked a reserved ticket online (Spar Schiene ticket). I paid the couple of extra euros for a reserved seat. My ticket displays that my seat is not reserved from Munich to Prattling. However it displayed reserved from to Prattling Munich.

My problem is that I don't know where to look on the ticket for my seat reservation number.

As well, can you please help me with advice as to how to go about finding my reserved seat on the train?

I look forward to hearing from you and thank you for your help.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Finding Reserved Seat on Train from Prattling to Munich

seat = sitzplatz

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
9,477 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Finding Reserved Seat on Train from Prattling to Munich

This is an Austrian ticket, right? Did you receive a printed ticket by mail? There should be a separate ticket with it that states the seat reservation with car and seat number.

Level Contributor
614 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Finding Reserved Seat on Train from Prattling to Munich

I thank you both for your help.

I do not see sitzplatz on my online ticket that I printed out immediately after booking online. It does state Platze: 031/Fenster/NR. Is this the seat number. If so, how do I go about finding the correct car and seat on the train?

Yes, this is an Austrian Spar Schiene ticket I booked on the OBB website. I have not received anything in the mail. I thought that my online ticket is all I get and that this is the "valid" ticket that I produce on the train. Am I wrong about this?

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
9,477 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Finding Reserved Seat on Train from Prattling to Munich

Seat 31/Window/Non-smoking.

There must also be something like "Wagen" with another number, which is the car number.

Level Contributor
614 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Finding Reserved Seat on Train from Prattling to Munich

Thank you very much Blandine. You are right - it does say Wg 23.

However the Wg 23 is beside the first leg of my journey from Vienna to Plattling and the seat information is between the line with the details of the first leg of my journey and the second leg from Plattling to Munich.

I know that when I booked the system told me that I could get reservation for one portion and not the other. I think I misunderstood and thought that I had a reserved seat for the trip from Plattling to Munich. It appears that I have a reservation from Vienna to Plattling, by the positioning of the reservation information - would you agree?

If so, I will look for window seat number 31 in wagon 23. I don't need to get a confirmation in the mail, do I?

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
9,477 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Finding Reserved Seat on Train from Prattling to Munich

Your printout ticket is enough. I am not familiar enough with ÖBB's ticket procedures so I wasn't sure whether they have online tickets or not - seems they have.

You probably have an ICE (InterCityExpress) from Vienna to Plattling and a RE (RegionalExpress, a local train) from Plattling to Munich? On local trains reservations are not possible, so the reservation must be for the ICE leg.

Level Contributor
614 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Finding Reserved Seat on Train from Prattling to Munich

Thanks a lot Blandine. You are right - the train to Plattling is an ICE train and the one to Munich is an RE train.

Thank you for taking the time to explain my ticket and reservation information to me. I appreciate your help.

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
9,477 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Finding Reserved Seat on Train from Prattling to Munich

You're welcome. Have a great trip!

9. Re: Finding Reserved Seat on Train from Prattling to Munich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2011, 07:18