We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation in Munich - I'm addled.. :(

Ireland
Level Contributor
195 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation in Munich - I'm addled.. :(

Greetings all. My request is a bit detailed, so I'm not sure if any of you can help, but will sure appreciate if you can. 3 of us going to Munich for 4 nights early December. Trying desperately to find accommodation in the city centre - don't mind if it's an apartment or a hotel. We need 3 seperate beds and a bathroom with bath tub. I'm finding it very difficult to find a hotel that can come up with those specs.. :( We have a budget of up to 130 euros per room per night. Anybody got any suggestions?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10,026 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation in Munich - I'm addled.. :(

Have you tried http://www.eurocheapo.com?

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
73 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation in Munich - I'm addled.. :(

If you google "triple room Munich city center," you should come up with lots of options. I found one called Hotel Monaco that has triple rooms, but you probably want to check the reviews

Sacramento, CA
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
Level Contributor
4,172 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation in Munich - I'm addled.. :(

Hotel Eder is in your price range (actually a little lower) and has 3 bed rooms but no bathtubs to my knowledge, showers only. No elevator either if that makes a difference.

http://www.hotel-eder.de/index.html

Edited: 30 June 2011, 01:11
Ireland
Level Contributor
195 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation in Munich - I'm addled.. :(

Thanks Idreamofitaly. I had looked up Hotel Monaco, not too keen on it. We like our creature comforts and need to be 100% sure that the hotel is spotlessly clean. We're not too keen on being in the Red Light area either. It's proving very difficult, but I think I may have found an apartment 3.5km from the centre. Looks like we might have to take that, but if anybody can come up with any other suggestion, please pass it on. Many thanks.

Ireland
Level Contributor
195 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation in Munich - I'm addled.. :(

Thanks tripjunky.. We really want a bath tub, so Hotel Eder is out.. We probably sound very "picky", but we are 3 hard working ladies who love our creature comforts when we manage to get away on our annual trip. If only we could afford somewhere like the Mandarin.. Now that looks amazing. :)

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,163 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation in Munich - I'm addled.. :(

Don't hesitate to stay outside the center. Public transportation in Munich is safe, efficient, and easy, so I would focus more on your desired hotel amenities than your location.

Ireland
Level Contributor
195 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation in Munich - I'm addled.. :(

Thanks BavariaJG. The apartment is near the Candidplatz subway station. Is that far out from the centre, do you know?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
355 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodation in Munich - I'm addled.. :(

Not sure of price but citadines apartments have rooms with a bedroom and a lounge with a double fold out and can supply and fit a roll away. It has bath tubs and is well located to the city centre

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,163 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accommodation in Munich - I'm addled.. :(

Only 4 stops from Marienplatz, about 11 minutes, and that includes a transfer at Sendlinger Tor. Never been out that way though, so can't comment on the neighborhood.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
94 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Accommodation in Munich - I'm addled.. :(

Agree with RussMel - we have stayed at Citadines, two tram stops from the center and nice accomodations. With kitchens even, and full-sized bathtubs.