We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train tickets questions

Kuala Lumpur...
13 posts
Save Topic
train tickets questions

hi. i was looking at bahn.de website and got a bit confused. would really appreciate if anybody can offer some advise and help.

1. i'm planning a weekend trip to berlin. reach berlin on friday and back to munich by Sun late night. can we use the Schönes-Wochenende-Ticket when we travel back to munich on sunday? any terms or conditions? e.g. can only use slow trains? i understand that the fastest train takes 5hours.

2. also i would really like to take a few day trips from munich. to fussen, starnberg etc..maybe five day trips in bavaria region? any discount tickets that i can buy ? or just bayern tickets will do ?

3. i am travelling alone and on a budget. can i get other people to share bayern tickets with me? if yes, how?

thanks!

Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
527 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: train tickets questions

1. With the Schönes Wochenende ticket indeed only slow regional trains can be used. NOT an option for going from Berlin to Munich.

2. For day trips from Munich to other places in Bavaria, the Bayern ticket might be an option . It is also for regional trains only, but depending on where in Bavaria you want to go, it is a bargain.

3. you could. Bayern ticket for you alone is 21 Euros, for up to 5 persons it 29 Euros, but I cannot say where to find other people that want to join you for your itinary.

Kuala Lumpur...
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: train tickets questions

hi aichberger,

thank you for the quick reply!

is the bayern ticket valid for unlimited rides in a day? can i get from munich to garmisch then to mittenwald and back to munich in a same day with just one ticket?

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,797 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: train tickets questions

>is the bayern ticket valid for unlimited rides in a day?

Yes

>can i get from munich to garmisch then to mittenwald and back to munich in a same day with just one ticket?

- and any rides in between, defore or after that - provided you use regional trains, buses and Munich city transportation.

4. Re: train tickets questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2013, 10:33