We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it possible to sleep in Salzburg Hauptbahnof for 1 night?

Hong Kong, null...
1 post
Save Topic
Is it possible to sleep in Salzburg Hauptbahnof for 1 night?

My friends and I are visiting Salzburg this coming May and I wonder if we can stay overnight in Salzburg Hauptbahnof for one night?

PLX HELP !

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,958 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it possible to sleep in Salzburg Hauptbahnof for 1 night?

why would you want to do that when you can get a hostel dorm bed for around 15euro

Portland, Oregon USA
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it possible to sleep in Salzburg Hauptbahnof for 1 night?

You should post your question in the Salzburg forum.

When I visited Salzburg in April, 2010 the rail station was unrecognizable. As the main station was undergoing a demolition and rebuild, only the platforms remained. The rest of the station was a construction maze of plywood and temporary buildings. I didn't even recognize where I was until I was 100 meters from the exit and spotted an underpass that was there on previous visits.

minnesota
Level Contributor
83 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it possible to sleep in Salzburg Hauptbahnof for 1 night?

When I was there 2 years ago I seen two hotels right out the door..I can not remember their names, but it was a big chain hotel...Look on expedia, I am sure you can find them..We had to take a cab to get into salzburg..the only cab we had to take in a 15 day trip.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
719 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it possible to sleep in Salzburg Hauptbahnof for 1 night?

The main lobby of the Salzburg Hbf is rather small. I don't think it would be a comfortable place to sleep at all. Also, I have doubts that you would be allowed to, anyway.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it possible to sleep in Salzburg Hauptbahnof for 1 night?

If you are only going to Salzburg and back to Munich, why not go on the bus tour from outside the hauptbahnhof in Munich. It does Salzburg and the Lake District. The cost was about 47>49Euro each. Full day from about 8am to 7pm. Not bad for the price but buy own lunch. Perhaps on Viator.website.

6. Re: Is it possible to sleep in Salzburg Hauptbahnof for 1 night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 02:43