We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do they sell pieces of the Berlin Wall in Munich?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
900 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Do they sell pieces of the Berlin Wall in Munich?

I know the answer is probably no. We were in Berlin last year and I didn't get a piece of it. I got home and my grandma was devastated that I didn't bring her a piece of it back (she mentioned nothing about wanting a piece of it before we left). So we're going back to Germany but only to the Bavarian region. We won't have time to go back north and pick up anything. Is there anywhere in the Munich area that would sell this? I know it'll probably be in some overpriced tourist shop but I don't care, I'd just really like to bring a piece back for my grandma this time if there's somewhere to pick one up.

1. Re: Do they sell pieces of the Berlin Wall in Munich?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2012, 12:04
Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
4,133 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do they sell pieces of the Berlin Wall in Munich?

Well I doubt it, but you could buy a piece of Berlin Wall online. Just go to eBay and search for "Berliner Mauer". Maybe you could even order it now and have it delivered to your hotel.

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,421 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Do they sell pieces of the Berlin Wall in Munich?

Just order on-line in Tampa, they probably make pieces in Orlando so with you in 24hrs ;-)

Stoofer

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Do they sell pieces of the Berlin Wall in Munich?

Agreed, no possible way to verify if any of this tat is genuine and to be sure those that went to Berlin when the wall came down no doubt had relatives there so wouldn't part with their souvenirs anyways.

And Stoofer, "he-who-shall-not-be-named" has returned but verifiable only by IP address as surmised by none other than Sherlock himself! ;-)

Edited: 08 June 2012, 17:52
Plattsmouth Ne
Level Contributor
341 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do they sell pieces of the Berlin Wall in Munich?

Might " He-who-shall-not-be-named" be the one for whom I have been Keeping it open ?

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,163 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do they sell pieces of the Berlin Wall in Munich?

This is refreshing. Most folks come to Europe and for whatever reason try to avoid doing touristy things. This is the antithesis of that.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Do they sell pieces of the Berlin Wall in Munich?

Yes Joseph indeed it appears he's back, shown up as a new poster from India, Spain, Iceland and maybe more since I'm not always on the TA. If not then it's someone that can pen trolian with eloquence! You can put lipstick on a pig but ..... ;-)

8. Re: Do they sell pieces of the Berlin Wall in Munich?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 09 June 2012, 17:57
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
900 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Do they sell pieces of the Berlin Wall in Munich?

I live near Orlando and just shake my head at all of the tourists that come here and stay solely in the touristy areas by Disney when there's way better stuff 10 minutes down the road. My husband and I are totally "anti-tourist crap stores" when we go places because we know the quality and authenticity. Again, it was just to suffice my grandmother and have her "have a piece" of it. If that makes any sense.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,163 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Do they sell pieces of the Berlin Wall in Munich?

Send me 10 dollars and I'll send you a piece of wall that surrounds my front yard. It ain't Berlin but it's authentic German, and most likely over 20 years old too.