We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Munich Transportation...

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Help! Munich Transportation...

I will be going to Munich from 20 July (Fri)-30 July(Mon) alone.

I'll reach Memmingen Munich airport on 20 July at 2pm. I heard that I could take the airport shuttle bus to go to Munich city centre (Internet purchase price: Euro15).

I also heard that I could buy Bayern Ticket (Euro22) which allows me to travel around Germany.

1) Because I arrive at the airport at 2pm, please could you advise on any interesting place that is worth visiting for half day so that I could go back to Munich on the same day. I hope to go back to Munich city centre not later than 10pm.

2) Do I need to take a train/bus to Memmingen city centre from the airport? Can I use the Bayern Ticket for the journey? If not, how much is the fare for the journey?

3) Can I buy the Bayern Ticket from the Memmingen Munich airport?

4) Can I buy it online and get the ticket posted to the UK?

5) Which ticket would you recommend (airport shuttle bus/ Bayern Ticket)?

6) From 22July (Sun) -27 July (Fri), I will be going to ICM from Theresienwiese for meetings everyday. I would like to buy the Isar card (weekly) but I am confused about the number of rings/ zones I need to opt for. Please could you advise?

Thank you very much !!!

Florida
Level Contributor
1,493 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! Munich Transportation...

U can take the S-Bahn train for approx. 10 EUR.

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
Level Contributor
3,195 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! Munich Transportation...

The Bayern ticket is a great deal. It's a day ticket for the slow (not ICE or IC) trains all over the state of Bavaria. There are restrictions for time of travel on weekdays but not on weekends. You can buy it anywhere train tickets are sold. It is always available, there is no possibility it will sell out, so there is no real advantage to buying in advance and having it mailed to you.

One half-day trip from Munich you might want to consider is to Lake Chiemsee, a beautiful lake at the foot of the Alps more or less between Munich and Salzburg. You can get there easily by taking the train from Munich to Prien and then a ferry boat. There's a palace modeled after Versailles on one of the islands. herrenchiemsee.de/englisch/…day-plan.htm

Edited: 17 June 2012, 16:28
3. Re: Help! Munich Transportation...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 05:40