We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sundays in Munich - December 2 2012

stockport
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Sundays in Munich - December 2 2012

Reading a lot of the reviews and recommendations about Munich , I'm concerned that a lot of nice restaurants and visitor sites are closed. Anyone got any comment on this?

There for the weekend and had decided on Sunday night for our top restaurant night.....most seem closed will this be the case in dec with the Christmas markets on and does anyone have a Sunday night recommendation from the ones open?

Best Seller
Royal Castles of Neuschwanstein and...
4,005 reviews
from US$67.20*
Best Seller
Neuschwanstein Castle Small-Group Day...
1,727 reviews
from US$60.90*
Best Seller
Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial...
2,115 reviews
from US$34.80*
Salzburg Small Group Day Tour from...
1,356 reviews
from US$58.40*
Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich
Level Contributor
2,923 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sundays in Munich - December 2 2012

Sorry, but what restaurant do you think is closed on Sunday?

Just saying, because I can't think of one.

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
10,217 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sundays in Munich - December 2 2012

I wonder where you got this information from, because it is entirely wrong...

stockport
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sundays in Munich - December 2 2012

Pfistermuhle and Dallmayr i think are both closed on sundays from checking the websites, looking for an authentic top end bavarian restaurant for sunday night, think hoffenbrauhaus for saturday will be a good night.

thanks for the input, also, two couples arriving in MUC airport can you use the 20 euro group ticket to use the train into town or is it a family ticket??

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich
Level Contributor
2,923 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sundays in Munich - December 2 2012

Go to the Spatenhaus instead, it's on this map: http://tinyurl.com/munich-restaurants

Yes, any group of 5 random persons can use the Partner Ticket.

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Bali
Level Contributor
11,431 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sundays in Munich - December 2 2012

And don't forget that while your here there is also the Winter Tollwood.

www.tollwood.de

IMO a lot more fun than the Xmas markets.

Numerous outdoor stalls selling various handicrafts. Bit hippy/new age in places. Also numerous outdoor bars and foodstalls selling various food from around the world. Also a number of very large tents housing more stalls and food halls

U-Bahn U4 or U5 Theresienwiese

London, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Sundays in Munich - December 2 2012

That restaurant looks great - Spatenhaus.

I too am spending a saturday-monday there start of December and was wondering if there do's or don'ts for the sunday?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sundays in Munich - December 2 2012

I am unsure what you mean by 'dos and don'ts' for the Sunday.

Winter Tollwood is great fun - a very good recommendation from Giftzwerg and very easy to get to.

The only don't I can think of is - don't expect to be able to shop in normal stores as they will all be closed. The same is for supermarkets as well.

Bakeries are often open as are cafes, restaurants and bars. If the weather is a little unkind there are lots of museums and art galleries in Munich - many of which only charge 1 euro on a Sunday.

Hope that helps.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
575 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sundays in Munich - December 2 2012

I can vouch for Spatenhaus. We ate there a few months ago and it was fabulous. As for what to do on a Sunday, nearly all the museums and attractions should be open.

9. Re: Sundays in Munich - December 2 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 08:18