We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Construction die cast scale model shops in Munich

Malta
2 posts
Save Topic
Construction die cast scale model shops in Munich

Hi I am coming to Munich on the 17th December for a week and my husband is collector of these models like cranes and bulldozers. Can someone please tell me where I can find a shop selling these type of toys. I will stay near the Marienplatz.

Thanks for your help

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Construction die cast scale model shops in Munich

The Spielwarengeschaeft Obletter has quite a selection of these kinds of models. It is about 10 minutes from the Marienplatz, at the end of the pedestrian zone as you head west (toward the RR station), on your left.

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Bali
Level Contributor
10,014 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Construction die cast scale model shops in Munich

The big Obletter mentioned above is right at Karlsplatz/Stacchus near the McDonalds.

Depending on EXACTLY where you are staying but basically walk up the entire pedestrian zone "Neuhauserstrasse" to the very top. You will see the Xmas Ice skating rink. McDonalds is on the left and Obletter just past it.

Malta
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Construction die cast scale model shops in Munich

Thanks very much for you help

I really appreciate it

Thanks

Tallinn, Estonia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Construction die cast scale model shops in Munich

I am arriving to Munich airport on 13th feb next week @ 7am and won't depart until 5:30p is there any place to go close to the airport? Is there an Obletter store close to the airport and an outlet store to shop that is close by and reasonable prices? Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks!

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich
Level Contributor
2,755 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Construction die cast scale model shops in Munich

No, sorry.

But you will have plenty of time to get to Karlsplatz, it takes 45 minutes by direct train.

Take any train S1 or S8 at the airport, they all go there.

Map of Munich public transport: http://tinyurl.com/munich-metro2013

Edited: 09 February 2013, 08:46
6. Re: Construction die cast scale model shops in Munich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2014, 06:17