We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting from Geneva - fly or drive?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
250 posts
170 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting from Geneva - fly or drive?

Hi, we are looking to visit munich from Geneva and are having trouble deciding- should we drive or fly from Geneva? We are planning to be away for 3-4 nights.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting from Geneva - fly or drive?

I would fly. You will have more time for Munich. Driving is not a straight shot.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,655 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting from Geneva - fly or drive?

how about a train?

unless you already have a car....

Chula Vista...
Level Contributor
2,617 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting from Geneva - fly or drive?

Hi,

I see in your profile that you're an American expat living in Geneve.

So if you're only looking for a quick 4-day trip to Munich, then I would fly.

But if you have more time to explore along the way (and you haven't already explored central and eastern Switzerland or southern Bavaria), then I would recommend driving.

If you drove, you could pass through places like Interlaken with nearby Grindelwald and Lauterbrunnen; Zug; and the quintessential Swiss dairy country around Appenzell and Stein.

Of course, there's Lake Constance (Bodensee) en route, and you can drive some of the Deutsche Alpenstraße from Lindau to Füssen with its nearby Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau castles.

You could easily spend 4 days exploring on your way there; 4 days in Munich; and 4 days exploring on your way back.

It depends on your time available, your interests, and if your purpose is simply to get to Munich to explore it.

Zed

4. Re: Visiting from Geneva - fly or drive?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2014, 06:16