We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just a last question..

Which Munich hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
340 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
just a last question..

I'm still hesitating.

i have a reservation for 3 days in Munich, from april 3rd to 6th, and 2 days in Nurember (i can cancel for free), april 6 to 8th.

I keep reading about the Munich surrounding and everything, and i'm thinking that maybe i cancel my reservation in Nuremberg, extend my stay in Munich from 3 to 5 days.

It seems to be possible to use Munich as a base even to go to Nuremberg and Rothenburg, the eagle's nest, Dachau etc.

What would you do ?

3 days in Munich and 2 in Nuremberg ? OR 5 days in Munich with a train ride back and forth in the Nuremberg area.

thank you

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,197 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: just a last question..

> It seems to be possible to use Munich as a base even to go to Nuremberg and Rothenburg, the eagle's nest, Dachau etc.

Dachau is just outside of Munich.

Rothenburg ob der Tauber and Berchtesgaden (note that the Eagle's Nest is not accessible before mid of May) are really at the limits for a day trip with travel times of 3-3,5 hours one way.

And it makes especially no sense to make a day trip from Munich to Rothenburg and another one to Nuremberg as the fastest route to Rothenburg is anyway via Nuremberg. That's a wast of 5-6 hours on the trains instead having this time for sightseeing. Thus my advice is to stick to your hotel reservations.

Edited: 24 March 2013, 21:47
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
340 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: just a last question..

abalada ..thank you very very much for taking the time to help me..and to tell me that eagle's nest is not open on my dates. It would have been a waste of time.

My little hamster is working at it...

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
Level Contributor
3,027 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: just a last question..

If you want to see the Alps, you could make a day trip from Munich to Mittenwald or Garmisch. It takes about two hours one way, using the Bayern ticket.

4. Re: just a last question..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2014, 06:16