We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internet in Munich

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
89 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Internet in Munich

Later in the Spring I will be in Munich for ten days and will need Internet. The apartment where I will be staying is not equipped for it. I do not want to go to an Internet café as I will have work to do, and will wish to do it in the privacy of the apartment.

Is anyone able to point me in the right direction as to where to purchase it?

Thank you for your help.

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Bali
Level Contributor
10,109 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Internet in Munich

Depends what way you wish to do it.

Either you purchase an Internet USB Stick or you set up your Mobile phone with local sim card as a Internet Interface.

ALDI do really cheap Internet over a stick for €2 a day but you would have to have good German as installation/updates are in German. Also you only get this deal by taking up their start up talk package at €12.99

O2 do a surf stick with Sim for €29.99. No contract or Minium "duration" "keine Laufzeit

First weeks surfing is free. Subsequent daily rate €3.50 per day.

Here's a link to O2 with some comparison info to other providers

o2online.de/tarife/mit-prepaid-surfstick/…

You may find it easier with one of the main providers like O2, Vodafone, T-mOBILE etc. They have shops in Marienplatz and are used to foreign tourists looking for "Pay As You Go" SIMs for the time they are there.

You could for instance get the O2 stick then get the shop to put €10.50 credit on the stick to cover you for the 10 days (1 week free + 3 days extra)

Make sure you have your passport on you for ID just in case.

2. Re: Internet in Munich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2014, 06:15