We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

City Discovery Tours

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
138 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
City Discovery Tours

Has anyone used this tour company in Munich recently? Your thoughts/reviews?? I am looking to do a bus tour to Neuschwanstein & Linderhof, rather than doing the exploring on my own.

Frankfurt
Destination Expert
for Frankfurt
Level Contributor
5,775 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: City Discovery Tours

Have you read their recent reviews here on Trip Advisor? What are the reviews for other tour companies offering this kind of tour? Read them, see which ones match your budget and time schedule.

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: City Discovery Tours

They are great

I suppose it depends where but for me Booking was easy, I had great guides

Edited: 11 April 2013, 12:36
Kansas City...
Level Contributor
138 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: City Discovery Tours

I searched City Discovery in the forum, but didn't find any reviews.

Frankfurt
Destination Expert
for Frankfurt
Level Contributor
5,775 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: City Discovery Tours

Well, where did you find them? Were they listed in a guidebook or online? I have never heard of them either.

Most of the good tour companies are listed on Trip Advisor, so why not take a look there to see what might fit your interests, budget and schedule?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: City Discovery Tours

can anyone tell me , that whether this City Discovery Tours agency really exists or not? Can't find any reviews about them in Tripadvisor. Somebody please help. However their prices and length of day tours are quite attractive.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
138 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: City Discovery Tours

I ended up not using them. Other than the emails they send me I really couldn't find any information on them. We did Neuschwanstein on our own with timed tickets. We did use Radius tours for Dachua.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: City Discovery Tours

thank you so much. I am also planning for the castle on my own.

Rio Rancho, New...
Level Contributor
29 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: City Discovery Tours

Avoid City Discovery like the plague! I bought a bunch of tours from them only to find out that IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO RECONFIRM EACH TOUR BEFORE YOU ARRIVE. Apparently they are too lazy to actually book your tours. But they will gladly take your money right away and provide imaginary customer service.

I have never had any problems with Viator.

panama
Level Contributor
30 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: City Discovery Tours

Hello, I also want to recommendo you to AVOID buying from City Discovery. We had a very bad experience with them when we went to Oslo, Norway a few years ago. The tour was suppossed to include lunch and it did not. I posted a review on Tripadvisor about it, and a very rude person from City Discovery contacted me and harassed me to delete it. I told him once I got my refund I would, and he somehow managed to get it erased, but thank God it was after I got a small refund that in no way covered the cost of the lunch. I think this is the reason you cannot find any reviews about them, I guess they somehow manage to get them erased saying that their company is not supposed to get reviews on Tripadvisor, I never understood why. They were very rude and do not honor the service they advertise. AVOID THEM. I hope this post wont get erased as well..-

10. Re: City Discovery Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2014, 06:23