We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dogs in public transport in bayern, specially in füssen area

Which Munich hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Dogs in public transport in bayern, specially in füssen area

Hi, im traveling with my Irish Wolfhound (a very large dog, great dane size) and want to take pictures of him in the neuswanstein -- hohenschwangau area before returnig to mexico. I have been there before and i know you have to take a bus from the train station to the area but, my dog will be able to get in to the bus? (because if he is not i wont be able to take him :( )

Thanks!!

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
Level Contributor
2,997 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dogs in public transport in bayern, specially in füssen area

I've seen small dogs on public transport near Fuessen, so I assume large dogs are also allowed. Here's the link to the Bayern or Bavaria train ticket, basically a day pass (with certain time rules) for public transport in Bavaria. Note that you have to pay the same amount for large dogs as you do for adult humans.http://www.toytowngermany.com/wiki/Bayern_ticket

Edited: 20 April 2013, 19:55
Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,928 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dogs in public transport in bayern, specially in füssen area

You can take a dot on these buses. Rules are similar like the ones for the trains. No big surprise as RVO buses is anyway a subsidiary of Deutsche Bahn.

bahn.de/p/…hunde.shtml

The rules in short for dogs bigger than a house cat: dog leash and muzzle required, no free rides

3. Re: Dogs in public transport in bayern, specially in füssen area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2014, 05:17