We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

salzburg, fussen, munich ?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
41 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
salzburg, fussen, munich ?

i am arriving in salzburgh. i have 5 days . my flight is departing from Munich. i want to see

salzburg city tour or sound of music and hallistatt on one day. then one day do zugspitze. also want to do neuschwanstein and linderhof , romantic road, and see munich on last day city tour as my flight is out of munich at night(9:00 pm) , what order should i do to avoid least backtracking and get most time. have not done any hotels yet so can do salzburg then fussen then Munich or any other. i land in salzburg on 15th around 4:00pm . my flight leaves out of munich on 20th 9:00pm.

do you recommend some changes to this itinerary? is train travel with luggage possible. we will be 4 adults 17 and up with one carry on and 1 bag each.

any recommendations for trains which to take to get where.

any recommendations for hotels in munich by main rail station, fussen and salzburgh.

my budget is about $100 to $ 150 a night.

was first thinking to do all day trips from munich but after reading other posts continuous maybe better.

again open to any route covering these and other sights on way!

Mike's Bike Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bike Tours, City Tours
SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Munich
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Beer Tastings & Tours, Private Tours
Big Hat Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
InMunich Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
Level Contributor
3,137 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: salzburg, fussen, munich ?

You are planning a very full trip. All these places can be visited by train - actually all the places you list except for Hallstatt in Austria can be reached using the Bavaria or Bayern ticket, basically a day pass on the regional (slow) German trains. For the four of you the total price would be 34 Euros per day. Here's the link with the rules for this ticket. www.toytowngermany.com/wiki/Bayern_ticket

A logical arrangement would be Salzburg - Garmisch (for the Zugspitze) - Fuessen (for Neuschwanstein) - Rothenburg ob der Tauber (Romantic Road) - Munich. I personally would skip the Romantic Road part on this trip, just because it would be too rushed for me. As for hotels you might consider the Guesthouse Weiher in Hohenschwangau (the actual village where Neuschwanstein is located).

2. Re: salzburg, fussen, munich ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2014, 06:18