We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lufthansa bus or S bahn for my hotel

Which Munich hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
130 posts
174 reviews
Save Topic
Lufthansa bus or S bahn for my hotel

I'm staying at the Eden Hotel Wolff across from the main station. Traveling alone, flight gets in about 10 am on a Friday. Looking for the easiest route in terms of hauling luggage around by myself. I'm thinking there is less walking from the bus to the hotel since it's all at street level but not sure where the bus lets you off and it's my first trip to Munich so don't know anything about the central train station. Not concerned with price, just want the least amount of walking as that will be an issue for me. Thanks!

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,147 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lufthansa bus or S bahn for my hotel

> just want the least amount of walking as that will be an issue for me.

This posting did cost more time and energy than the walking involved either from the Lufthansa Bus or the S-Bahn to your hotel will cost you. The distances are very short. At least compared to anything else you will have to walk elsewhere on your trip.

http://goo.gl/maps/TERI5

A = your hotel

B = where the Lufthansa bus will stop

C = exit Arnulfstraße of the S-Bahn (S-Bahn station is underground)

If you take the S-Bahn and buy a Airport-City-Day-Ticket for EUR 11,20 instead of a single trip ticket for EUR 10,40 you can use all local public transport in Munich later on this day as well. Till 6am next day.

mvv-muenchen.de/en/…index.html

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lufthansa bus or S bahn for my hotel

Wow, that's a nifty use of the Google route planner, abalada!

Will have to steal the trick :-)

Boston...
Level Contributor
130 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lufthansa bus or S bahn for my hotel

Abalada, awesome info! Thanks for the nifty map and pins showing everything I need. You're right. Everything is a short distance. Will work perfectly for me!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lufthansa bus or S bahn for my hotel

I am needing an approx price for travel by DB Bahn from Vienna International Airport DB Bahn station to Bled (Lesce)? Any ideas?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
8,472 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lufthansa bus or S bahn for my hotel

@Betsy C Please open a new thread, your post has got nothing to do with Lufthansa Bus from Munich.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,147 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Lufthansa bus or S bahn for my hotel

... has even nothing to do with Germany or DB (Deutsche Bahn = German Rail) at all.

Query for this connection using the ÖBB (Austrian Railways) timetable to see prices.

http://www.oebb.at

Edited: 15 May 2013, 09:15
7. Re: Lufthansa bus or S bahn for my hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2014, 05:18