We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for central hotel in Munich

Florida
Level Contributor
376 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for central hotel in Munich

I have two nights and 1 full day to spend in Munich is early sept. I am looking for a hotel that is centrally located and easy to get around and see the

sights in our short time. We are interested in the unique parts of the city and the fun bier gardens. Not so much interested in cathedrals and museums. We were thinking of renting bikes to see a lot in one day. Looking for a hotel around 120 euro. Know of any bike routes and bike rental places?

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
4,207 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for central hotel in Munich

In fact, there's a bicycle city map ("Radlstadtplan") which you can get for free in Munich. On this website, you'll find a list of places where you can get it from: http://tinyurl.com/qh3bjt7

The plan will show you where to expect cycle paths, and the network is quite extensive, so I think your plan to explore the city by bicycle is a good idea.

The hotel where I'd stay, if I were traveling to Munich, would be the Ibis München City at Dachauer Str. 21. Room rates start at EUR 74. It's located at the end of Dachauer Str., within walking distance of the central station, and there isn't much car traffic, as only taxis and the tram are allowed there. (Dachauer Str. becomes a busy thouroughfare farther up, but it's still quiet there.) ... The reason I'd stay there is that the location is convenient and that it's easy to find. The downside is that they don't have breakfast included, so maybe you can find a better hotel.

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich
Level Contributor
2,857 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for central hotel in Munich

I would suggest either:

- a Komfortzimmer at the Motel One Sendlinger Tor, or

- a room at the Hotel Blauer Bock,

for details please see here: tripadvisor.co.uk/…49322452

For bike rental please see here: tripadvisor.co.uk/…33236279

Edited: 30 June 2013, 10:23
Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich
Level Contributor
2,857 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for central hotel in Munich

The URL for Mike's bike rentals (near Marienplatz) has changed to: mikesbiketours.com/munich/Bike-Rentals/mikes…

As has the URl for Radius bike rental (at Hauptbahnhof = central train station): www.radiusmunich.com/index.php/en/bike-rental

Weisser Stadtvogel (near Sendlinger Tor) no longer rent out their bikes, they now use them for guided bike tours: http://tinyurl.com/6fh23bg

Florida
Level Contributor
376 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for central hotel in Munich

Great info thanks! Is a guided tour needed or is it easy to go solo?

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
49,465 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for central hotel in Munich

Munich is quite easy to tour on your own and at your own pace.

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
367 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for central hotel in Munich

We took the Mike's Bikes 5 hour bike tour, it was very informative and fun!

7. Re: Looking for central hotel in Munich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2014, 06:19