We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Re-check luggage for Munich airport connection?

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Re-check luggage for Munich airport connection?

We are flying US to Vienna on Lufthansa, with a connection in Munich. If we have checked luggage, will we have to pick it up in Munich, and re-check it, or will Lufthansa just transfer it for us? I know we have to go through Security at the Munich airport, but wondering if we have to deal with the luggage.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,657 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Re-check luggage for Munich airport connection?

Just have your luggage checked through to Vienna, and you'll never see it again until arrival there where you'll have to deal with customs. You'll pass through immigration in Munich, your entry point for the Schengen Zone of Europe.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Re-check luggage for Munich airport connection?

Thanks. Someone was telling me I should try to travel with carry-on to save time at the connection, but this is not really practical for a 17-day trip. We have 90 minutes for the connection, which I think will be OK if we don't have to deal with luggage.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,539 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Re-check luggage for Munich airport connection?

The connection should be fine and German airports are mostly pretty good with connecting luggage. I certainly couldn't manage with LH's 8kg hand luggage fot 2weeks ;-)

4. Re: Re-check luggage for Munich airport connection?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2014, 06:18