We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oktoberfest 2014

Which Munich hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
6 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Oktoberfest 2014

We are planning on going to Oktoberfest in 2014 and it sounds like i need to research/book the hotel now? It's going to be my husband's 40th birthday trip. ( but i have to plan it....:) ) So anyway I think we want something really close to the festivities and I am not overly concerned with price if it's going to be worth the convenience/experience since it is his milestone year. We are 40 going on 20 but i still would like some quiet sleep and do not want to hotel in a discoteca. If we take a day off the festivities i'd like to walk in another direction as well. I think we're only going for a week and I was thinking 3 days is enough for the Oktoberfest? Anyway. Which hotels should i consider? THANKS

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,302 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oktoberfest 2014

You should book hotels asap, even for 2014. Most hotels from 3* will be quiet. Just avoid the hostels because of the party crowd. Anywhere in the center would do, or take one close to a s-bahn or u-bahn station.

Make sure to go on a monday-thursday so you will have no problems of getting into a tent.

Nice to stay is around Marienplatz or Englischer Garten.

Level Contributor
24 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oktoberfest 2014

Hi. 4 of us are planning a trip to oktoberfest 2014 but its the first time we've ever been and I'm Abit stuck. Also alot of hotels are full already?!? Have I left it too last minute? Anyway we are all late 20s and would like to be within walking distance really. Any ideas on hotels? That arnt already booked up. Iv only found one so far...hotel christal? And it says its in the red light district!! Lol we are wanting to come probably 22nd for 3 nights. Is that enough? We like a good drink! N want to see it all :) price we are looking around £200ish. And how much are flights usually during this time? Iv yet to look up this. We may also come a few days before and see some sights...any suggestions? May stay elsewhere for this though so hotel is cheaper.

Sorry so many questions...my next thing is about oktoberfest it's self. Can 4 book into beer tents? And iv heard people mention Beir gardens too? And is there a ticket or token system or anything? I'm usually the organiser of trips and things but this one is somewhat confusing haha!

Thanks,

Danielle.

Level Contributor
24 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oktoberfest 2014

Hi. 4 of us are planning a trip to oktoberfest 2014 but its the first time we've ever been and I'm Abit stuck. Also alot of hotels are full already?!? Have I left it too last minute? Anyway we are all late 20s and would like to be within walking distance really. Any ideas on hotels? That arnt already booked up. Iv only found one so far...hotel christal? And it says its in the red light district!! Lol we are wanting to come probably 22nd for 3 nights. Is that enough? We like a good drink! N want to see it all :) price we are looking around £200ish. And how much are flights usually during this time? Iv yet to look up this. We may also come a few days before and see some sights...any suggestions? May stay elsewhere for this though so hotel is cheaper.

Sorry so many questions...my next thing is about oktoberfest it's self. Can 4 book into beer tents? And iv heard people mention Beir gardens too? And is there a ticket or token system or anything? I'm usually the organiser of trips and things but this one is somewhat confusing haha!

Thanks,

Danielle.

Columbia, Missouri
Level Contributor
2,122 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oktoberfest 2014

First for both Niki and Danielle, use the search option here on this page. Put in things like Oktoberfest, Oktoberfest Tents, or Oktoberfest Tickets and you will get PLENTY to read. It will answer most of your questions.

But let me try to get a few:

Niki,

Yes, you need to book your hotel now, or at least very soon. When you are looking for hotels, it is very normal for them to charge 2 to 3 times the normal rate for Oktoberfest.

This is the place that we stay when we go, the Pension Westfalia. It is a pretty nice place with a pretty good breakfast. We booked a twin room with shower and toilet (small room with 2 single beds), EUR 118 per night (in 2010) for the room, rate includes service, tax (VAT 19%) and buffet breakfast. This year we have a double room on the front of the hotel at EUR 137 per night. And although the rate is really good for that time, the BEST thing about it is the location. It is right across the street from one of the entrances to the Oktoberfest grounds. And when some people say “It is right across the street”, they really mean it is right across the street, down a few houses, over around the corner from the bus stop. No, this is RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET. You step out the front door and there is nothing between the hotel and the entrance to the Wies’n except street and sidewalk. Check out the review and pictures on my profile. There might be nicer places to stay, but I don’t see how any place could have a better location for Oktoberfest. And if you can be lucky enough to get a room at the front of the hotel (like we have this year), it would overlook the O’fest. I’m not sure if they still have any rooms left for 2014, so call right now. Look up the location on google maps.

http://www.pension-westfalia.de/munich/

Yes 3 days should be enough for Oktoberfest. Make sure you plan this for the middle of the week. It’s very hard to get in on the weekends.

Danielle,

I don’t think many hotels would be full yet. Did you make sure they knew you were asking about 2014? I know when I called last year about this time, I had to remind them I was looking for 2013 and they would say “oh yes, sorry”. I think they get soooo many calls from people trying to find rooms at the last minute, it just doesn’t register.

For info on tickets, use the search function on that and read up a little. It has been talked about hundreds of times.

PROST!!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Oktoberfest 2014

Going the same time and for the price difference the GHOTEL is way better and very close to the grounds...you should check it out if you haven't already booked

Austin, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Oktoberfest 2014

I was just able to book nights at the "Hangover Hospital", which is apparently in walking distance to the city center. There is voucher code for mid-week nights — "Munich". It will probably be very basic, but seems cheap for last minute Oktoberfest. hostivalonline.com/events-and-festivals/…

Austin, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Oktoberfest 2014

I was just able to book nights at the "Hangover Hospital", which is apparently in walking distance to the city center. There is voucher code for mid-week nights — "Munich". It will probably be very basic, but seems cheap for last minute Oktoberfest. hostivalonline.com/events-and-festivals/…

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,302 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Oktoberfest 2014

This is about 2014. I wouldn't prepay for the Hangover hostival a year in advance. It's kind of a dubious business.

London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Oktoberfest 2014

I always stay at europäscher hof hotel which is on Bayer Strasser, 10 mins walk from the weisn area ( where the Oktoberfest is held and 5 mins walk from the train station.

Edited: 24 September 2013, 21:25
Central Scotland
Level Contributor
81 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Oktoberfest 2014

Looking to go to Oktoberfest next year, but wouldn't be booking until December / January. Would this be too late / expensive? There will be around 12 of us.