We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Castles Neuschwanstein from Munich

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Castles Neuschwanstein from Munich

Hi,

I am travelling with my family from Munich to Neuschwanstein and will return on the same day. I wanted to travel before 8AM. Bayern Ticket is valid from 9AM onwards and the first train from Munich to Fussen at 9.52AM

Standard ticket is 4 times more than Bayern Ticket. what would be the best option to buy ticket if I wanted to travel before 8AM?

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,545 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Castles Neuschwanstein from Munich

If you want to take the 08:52 connection buy additional tickets to Geltendorf and use the Bayern Ticket from there on.

To Geltendorf the MVV tariff applies. Single ticket is EUR 7,80 (children 6-14y EUR 1,30).

www.mvv-muenchen.de/en/homepage/index.html

If you want to take the 07:52 connection buy additional tickets to Kaufbeuren.

DB tariff applies. Single ticket is EUR 16,90. Children 6-14y are free when traveling with a (grand)parent but must be listed on the ticket.

You can buy either ticket on spot from ticket machines.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Castles Neuschwanstein from Munich

thank you so much

3. Re: Royal Castles Neuschwanstein from Munich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2014, 06:19