We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train tickets Munich to Paris after Oktoberfest

Train tickets Munich to Paris after Oktoberfest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2014, 11:02
1. Re: Train tickets Munich to Paris after Oktoberfest

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Chula Vista...
Level Contributor
2,617 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train tickets Munich to Paris after Oktoberfest

Hi Sean,

Sorry that you had to cancel your trip. I'm assuming you purchased your ticket online and, according to the DB website, online tickets are non-transferrable:

"Online tickets are non-transferrable. They are only valid for the passenger shown in the booking (possibly with companion) – in conjunction with the identification quoted in the booking."

bahn.de/i/…onlineticket.shtml (See "General Information" tab).

When I rode DB last December, I had to physically present the credit card that I used to purchase my ticket as my proof of identification. (I'm sure you don't want to hand over your credit card to whoever would purchase your tickets so they can use it for ID.)

You can, however, get a refund for Savings Fare tickets for a 15 € per ticket refund fee, as long as you do it before the day the tickets are valid for travel. You'll be able to recoup 40 € of your 70 € payment, which is better than losing it all.

bahn.de/hilfe/…erstattungsinfo.shtml

Zed

Edited: 07 September 2013, 16:09
3. Re: Train tickets Munich to Paris after Oktoberfest

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,380 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Train tickets Munich to Paris after Oktoberfest

> and I have been delivered the physical paper tickets

Such tickets are indeed not personalized. And can be transferred.

With DB tickets only the Online-Ticket process is personalized (to avoid fraud self created tickets). The tickets as such never and you can always opt for a non-personalized ticket shipped to you (for a EUR 3,50 shipping fee).

Advantage: no credit card (or any other form of allowed IDs) needed. You can buy easily such a ticket for a third person.

Disadvantage: if you loose the ticket or if it is stole it's like with cash. Gone. No way of reissuing this ticket again. You have to buy a new one.

5. Re: Train tickets Munich to Paris after Oktoberfest

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 09 September 2014, 05:17