We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4/5 nights in Munich?

Which Munich hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
4/5 nights in Munich?

My husband and I are going to Europe this thanksgiving ... We are starting in London for 3 nights- oing to Budapest then munich. We have 10 nights total. So I'm trying to decide whether I should do, 2 nights Budapest & 5 nights munich or 3 nights Budapest & 4 nights munich.

We are very efficient travelers, but I want to see Nueschtien castle and do a trip to Salzburg and dachau.

Any advice is appreciated.

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
14,953 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4/5 nights in Munich?

So for the things you want to do around Munich, you need 1 day for Neuschwanstein, 1 for Salzburg, and a half day for Dachau. If you spend 4 nights in Munich, you will have 3 full days, giving you a half day for Munich itself once you subtract the time for your sightseeing outside Munich. If you spend 5 nights, that will be 4 days, giving you 1.5 days for Munich itself. Given those parameters, I would definitely go with 5 nights in Munich.

That said, a London-Budapest-Munich is definitely an eclectic itinerary. I can't see going all the way to London to only spend 3 nights, then travel half way across the continent to Budapest for only 2 or 3 nights, then onto another country. With this short time frame, I would choose 2 of the 3 locations.

Sacramento, CA
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
Level Contributor
3,846 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4/5 nights in Munich?

I have to agree with Novembermoon.

10 days is not enough time for three cities so far apart. Please don't take this personally but spending the money to travel so far and then not take the time to experience any of the places you visit is not efficient traveling in my opinion. Take the time to enjoy two of the places on your list.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 4/5 nights in Munich?

Thanks guys- we decided to stay at least 5 nights in Munich. And London is out. We are deciding now whether to spend more time in Munich and less in Budapest.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
256 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4/5 nights in Munich?

Definitely more in Munich!

Plattsmouth Ne
Level Contributor
340 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4/5 nights in Munich?

More in Munich.

6. Re: 4/5 nights in Munich?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2014, 05:18