We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a hotel for 2 adults and 3 children.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
236 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Need a hotel for 2 adults and 3 children.

Hi, we are travelling with 3 children, 12,10 and 6 and would like to stay in the city centre but struggling to find a room for 5. Does anyone know of a hotel that would take us please?

Thank you

Hotel Laimer Hof
Hotel Laimer Hof
#1 of 394 hotels in Munich
Hotel Kriemhild
Hotel Kriemhild
#3 of 394 hotels in Munich
Marc Munchen
Marc Munchen
#4 of 394 hotels in Munich
California, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a hotel for 2 adults and 3 children.

I had a similar problem. I am traveling with 2 adults and 2 children and could not find much. I Think we ended up looking for hotels that would take 2 adults and 1 child, to find triple rooms. We have young children so we can probably get away with bed sharing.

My husband booked our hotel, so I don't have the name in front of me. When I get it, I will post. But again, the biggest room we could find was for a triple.

Many of the hotels offer rollaway beds. You might want to try that. Good luck!

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
Level Contributor
3,368 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a hotel for 2 adults and 3 children.

Perhaps you could try a youth hostel -- many of them have family rooms, with private bathrooms. Some are really rather nice, like hotels, and all are economical. We stayed at a hostel on the Rhine and were very pleased.

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,307 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need a hotel for 2 adults and 3 children.

Hi never2manyshoes,

You should know that many hotels here charge per person, so you won't save a whole lot of money trying to fit into one room. Also, the rooms are pretty small here, and there are legal and fire restrictions for the occupancy of those rooms.

You may just want to find a good, budget hotel and get two rooms.

For ElenaHW, please make sure you tell your hosts are many people will be in the room. As I said above, there are legal and fire restrictions for the occupancy of all the rooms -- if you fit four people into a 3-person room, you could be breaking the law.

s

UK
Level Contributor
8,007 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need a hotel for 2 adults and 3 children.

Do you REALLY all want to sleep in one room? You don't do that at home, do you?

Your children should be quite safe in a room of their own. Or you could have the older ones in a room of their own and have the youngest sharing with you. When you book your rooms ask for adjacent ones so that the children won't be too far from you.

My brother and I first stayed in a hotel room of our own when I was nine and he was six.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
236 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need a hotel for 2 adults and 3 children.

Elena HW, thank you, if you find the name of hotel that would be great, thank you.

Emilysmom, Hostels seem to be all that are coming up, and I must admit that some look quite nice.

swandav, I think that's is what we'll have to do.

Aviatrix, yes that is what we want, hence why I asked the question. No we don't do that at home but neither do we open our front doors to the general public! Wouldn't really want the little ones wandering the corridors knocking on doors, disturbing other guests trying to find us at night if there was a problem, much more sensible for the adults to split for the night.

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
10,595 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Need a hotel for 2 adults and 3 children.

Check out the YHA youth hostels. Their family rooms are probably your best option if you want just a room. However, what I'd do is rent a self-catered apartment - more space, no running around in public corridors at night but within the confines of your apartment, a fully equipped kitchen at hand, and cheaper than hotels.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
236 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need a hotel for 2 adults and 3 children.

Ah, yes, good thinking, thank you :)

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need a hotel for 2 adults and 3 children.

Hi

Have you tried www.booking.com they seem to have hotels which will take two adults and three children.

Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need a hotel for 2 adults and 3 children.

There are hotels that have connecting rooms with doors that can be opened for such needs, not just adjacent.

Don't know your budget but I know e.g. that the Mercure City Center has them.

mercure.com/gb/…room.shtml

as does the Holiday Inn leonardo-hotels.com/germany-hotels/…rooms

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need a hotel for 2 adults and 3 children.

The Novotel hotels usually offer a 50% discount on a second room for children. They don't guarantee a connecting room, so it depends on how comfortable you are with that.