We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 senior women in Munich for 2 nights early Sept. 2014

Which Munich hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
The Villages...
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
2 senior women in Munich for 2 nights early Sept. 2014

We will be arriving by train from Salzburg and taking the train to the airport when leaving. Never been to Munich before. Leaning toward Hotel King's Center (close to train) or Hotel Uhland (better neighborhood). Any help with this decision will be greatly appreciated.

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
Level Contributor
2,990 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 senior women in Munich for 2 nights early Sept. 2014

Several years ago my coworker and I (both older women) stayed in the town of Erding, near the Munich airport, before our flight out. Erding is on the train line from Munich and has a small but nice old town area. It also has a brewery and what is supposedly the largest spa in Europe, Therme Erding. It's about 15 minutes by cab to the airport. We stayed at the Best Western Parkhotel and were pleased with our choice. …bestwestern.com/bestwestern/…

Edited: 12 October 2013, 01:04
Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 senior women in Munich for 2 nights early Sept. 2014

emilysmom's suggestion has the advantage that you will be arriving from Salzburg at the Hauptbahnhof (Hbf.= main station)). The S-Bahn to Erding leaves from the same station (Hauptbahnhof). Have not stayed at thw Best Western Park Hotel, but generally the Best Western sites in Germany are more upscale than the Best Wstern in the US. Erding is the end of that S-Bahn line. Right across from the station is also the Hotel Kastanienhof . I have stayed there and was very satisfied.

Another option is to take the direct airport S-Bahn line from the Ostbahnhof (comes before the Hbf station, coming from Salzburg) or the direct airport line from the main station (Hbf.) to the airport, and catch there the hotel shuttle to the Holifay Inn Express. -The shuttle also takes you back to the airport, every half hour. Sguttle use costs EUR 8 per room for 24 hrs. I have stayed at the HIE several times recently, have been very satisfied. They have a snack bar for a light meal in the evening, and an excellent breakfast buffet (no paper plates!).

3. Re: 2 senior women in Munich for 2 nights early Sept. 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2014, 06:19