We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas

kent
Level Contributor
82 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Ideas

We are a group of 9 guys arriving start of jan for a weekend we are not loud etc and range from 30-45 years old my question is on the Saturday 11th I am looking for something fun/ different to do for a few hours during the day bayern munich is not playing as we were going to take in a game just need ideas rather than sitting in a pub for 10 hours as I know some of them would also any ideas for sat night more traditional pubs than loud clubs etc we r staying just o/s the main square

Thanks

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,692 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ideas

BMW Factory Tour

Erdinger Brewery Tour

Hofbrauhaus

Mainz, Germany
Level Contributor
8,736 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ideas

Allianz Arena Tour - www.allianz-arena.de/en/arenatour/index.php

Columbia, Missouri
Level Contributor
2,303 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ideas

I'm with Grolland,

The BMW Welt & Tour - although I have never personally been.

The Erdinger Brewery Tour - was very good, I believe it was 12Euro per person. That's for the tour and pretty much all their bier you can drink (within reason), white sausages and bretzles. It's a great deal.

Hofbräuhaus - is a must. For lunch, supper or later just for fun, this should not be missed.

A tour of Dachau

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,692 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ideas

The Erdinger tour can be had for free if you are a member of the fanclub for a certain number of months before the tour date. And membership is for free, so a no brainer.

In my case there was no 'within reason' I had probably three liters of Urweizen in two hours :)

Note at BMW: there are three different tours to be taken

- BMW Welt

- BMW Museum

- BMW factory

I took the last only so cannot comment about the first two really, but I think the factory tour is the most special thing.

Columbia, Missouri
Level Contributor
2,303 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ideas

Grolland the amount of time for the membership has been moved to 1 year befor you get the free tour. We were lucky that I signed us up for it as soon as I heard about the free membership/free tour thing (Aug of 2012). At that time only 3 months of membership was needed to get the free tour, but I signed us up anyway. But by the time we went to Germany (Sept 2013) they had moved it to a 1 year membership needed. We went on the tour Sept 27th 2013 and we became members on August 28th 2012. So we just beat the 1 year dead line anyway. But the tour, bier and sausages are well worth the 12 Euro fee.

I'm not sure how much bier they would have given us. But I know every time our glasses were empty they came around and asked what we wanted next. You could try any bier they had. Most of us (we had 7 people) had between 4 and 6 half liters. Check my review of Erdinger Brewery for some pictures and stuff. But overall WELL worth it.

Columbia, Missouri
Level Contributor
2,303 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ideas

That may not sound right. We had between 4 half liters and 6 half liters, so 2 or 3 liters each.

kent
Level Contributor
82 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ideas

Thanks for your ideas and suggestions should be enough to keep people busy for a few hours

Berwick-upon-Tweed...
Level Contributor
387 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ideas

I have done the Erdinger with 4 mates and it was superb and it only takes about 45 mins to get there from memory.

How about taking the train to Andechs,I know it involves beer but at least you have a journey to break it up!

Loads of stuff to do in Munich but when I go it always involves ale!!

I guess 1860 Munich will be on the winter break?

9. Re: Ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2014, 06:18