We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's your favourite beer??

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
123 reviews
Save Topic
What's your favourite beer??

I see all these wonderful posts of beer gardens, beer houses, beer tours etc and so I thought I'd ask......What's your favourite beer in Germany? What beer would you personally say to someone "you gotta try this beer when you're there?"

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
15,038 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's your favourite beer??

Ummendorf bewery, Placidus Cobaldus- www.braeuhaus.de

Gaithersburg
Level Contributor
699 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's your favourite beer??

Any kolsch in the city of Koln - or Cologne.

Columbia, Missouri
Level Contributor
2,328 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's your favourite beer??

@ What beer would you personally say to someone "you gotta try this beer when you're there?"

Augustiner Helles

And if there is anyway possible, the first time you try it you should be at the Augustiner Keller or Augustiner Bräu.

Edited: 12 December 2013, 16:35
Kansas City...
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: What's your favourite beer??

I have many many favourites, one comes to mind Schneider Weisse. And I'm gonna sink a few of them at the Weisses Brauhaus on Saturday!

Just sayin' ...

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
16,569 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's your favourite beer??

1. Rauchbier in Bamberg. Aecht Schlenkerla is the most well-known and the cask conditioned stuff is lovely. There are other breweries in town as well that are also very good. I especially liked Klosterbrau.

But...since you posted this in the Munich forum, I am guessing that you are interested in beers you can find in Munich, so... here's my Munich list:

2. Andech's dunkleweisen - All of the Andech's beer are great though. You can find them at Andecher am Dom in Munich or at the Andech's Monastery south of Munich.

3. Augustiner Helles - This is a solid light lager that just goes down nicely. Available at the Augustiner beer hall, Hirschgarten beer garden, and other places. The first time I tried it was at the Hirschgarten, which I thought was a fabulous place for the first try :-)

4. Schneider Weisse - Just good stuff.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,139 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What's your favourite beer??

Tannenzäpfle by Rothaus Brauerei or Flensburger Pils

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,507 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What's your favourite beer??

Augustiner Edelstoff

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
4,394 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What's your favourite beer??

Löwenbräu alkoholfrei - 2/3 beer, 1/3 water. (Of course you can't order it like that - I sometimes mix it like that at home.)

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
5,698 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What's your favourite beer??

Bitburger www.bitburger-international.com/bitburger/

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,744 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What's your favourite beer??

You post this in the Munich forum, why not stick to beers from that area?

I would recommend Schneider Weisse Tap 7, Erdinger Urweiss and Weihenstephaner for weizenbiers. But there are really many good ones of this type.

Augustiner Edelstoff is the best Helles in Munich. Note that helles is different than pilsner.