We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

public transport tickets /4 day ticket ?

Which Munich hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Peterborough...
Level Contributor
85 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
public transport tickets /4 day ticket ?

Hi I have just booked a trip to munich in march and staying at the Holiday Inn Munich City Centre.The Question im asking is when I went to berlin I purchest a 4 day ticket for the public transport that included the train from the airport to the main station.was hopeing Munich did the same ? if so how much does the ticket cost .thanks for any info.....Robbo....

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,550 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: public transport tickets /4 day ticket ?

Check your ticket options on www.mvv-muenchen.de - I suspect that in Berlin you had a Welcome Card and the Munich equivalent is the CityTourCard. Be aware that there is a significant price hike if you want to include the trips to/from the airport. As with all such cards, do the maths before you buy to make sure it's appropriate value.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,549 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: public transport tickets /4 day ticket ?

The CityTourCard Munich is only available for 3 days. Not 4.

citytourcard-muenchen.com/index.php/tarife/…

Munich Airport is way more out of the city than the Berlin airports. Single ticket Munich to Munich Airport is EUR 10,40. While in Berlin it's either EUR 2,60 (TXL) or EUR 3,20 (SXF).

Many tourists do day trips from Munich while staying there. To Neuschwanstein Castle, Garmisch-Partenkirchen / Mittenwald, Herrenchiemsee, Salzburg etc. Thus beyond the MVV area which is covered by the CityTourCard Munich (total (MVV) area version). Best deal for these trips is a Bayern Ticket (Bavaria Ticket)

bahn.de/i/…bavaria-ticket.shtml

This ticket includes however the MVV. No need to pay double for the transport inside the MVV area. Which means for most tourists a 3 days ticket just for the MVV area makes no sense.

Edited: 03 January 2014, 12:58
3. Re: public transport tickets /4 day ticket ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2015, 05:19