We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying to Munich but need private transportation to Passau

Which Munich hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
25 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Flying to Munich but need private transportation to Passau

I do not want to take public trasnport, I have too much luggage. Can anyone suggest a transportation/limo company I could use?

Crown Point, Indiana
Level Contributor
43 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying to Munich but need private transportation to Passau

I'm in the same boat! Are you per chance taking a river cruise starting in Passau? Trying to figure out if I should use the transports included in their airfare or book my own flights.I would need to get from Munich to Passau to catch the Longboat cruise. Was told it's 1hr 49 mins between the two cities, that's too long a cab ride!

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,390 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying to Munich but need private transportation to Passau

This is a car service that I have used but at €285 you might want to reconsider! mydriver.com/php/edriver/reservationdetails

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,149 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying to Munich but need private transportation to Passau

by public transport

1) Munich Airport to München Hbf (main train station)

boarding at Munich Airport is easy. You can take the luggage carts on the platform and the floor level of the S-Bahn trains is identical with the platform level (thus no steps). As Munich Airport is the end station of the S1 and S8 lines the trains stop there approx. 6 minutes before they return to Munich.

S-Bahn trains have also areas for bulky luggage, marked outside by a bicycle symbol.

Exiting at München Hbf is the only tricky part as you have to get your luggage relative fast out of the train. Place it beforehand at the door room.

But München Hbf is one of the few stations where you can book a baggage porter service. Which is not expensive, the first 2 items are EUR 2,50 each, every more item EUR 1,20.

bahn.de/p/…gepaecktraegerservice.shtml

2) München Hbf to Passau Hbf

These trains start at München Hbf and end at Passau Hbf. Thus you have plenty of time to get with your luggage on and off these trains.

In Passau you could call again a taxi to get you with your luggage to your cruise boat.

This trip is covered by a Bayern Ticket (Bavaria Ticket) as both legs are anyway with regional trains only. Which makes this a rather cheap trip. Esp. if you're not traveling alone.

bahn.de/i/…bavaria-ticket.shtml

Edited: 22 February 2014, 00:28
New Jersey
Level Contributor
25 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying to Munich but need private transportation to Passau

No I am not taking a cruise I have family in Passau. The trains are real easy from airport you go to Freising to change and then directly to Passau, and it is pretty cheap. I was just looking for something easier this will be the end of my trip so I will be exhausted.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
25 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying to Munich but need private transportation to Passau

That is super high thanks!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
25 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flying to Munich but need private transportation to Passau

Thank you I forgot about the porter service that is a great option! Have you used this are they reliable?

7. Re: Flying to Munich but need private transportation to Passau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2015, 05:19